1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap Pouches

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rich219, Apr 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I bought a cheap $15 pouch to hold my shells when I first started shooting six months ago or so and today I noticed it had a tear at the seam so I think it is time to upgrade since I'm obviously hooked for life.

I know of Lonesome Charlies, but who else makes quality pouches to hold shell boxes?

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Next big shoot ... take a walk down Vendor's Row ... I'm sure that you will find one to your liking!

3. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I need one before the next big shoot. My pouch might not last another week.

4. 7771

7771 Active Member

battenfieldsportinggoods.com or Shamrock leathers shamrocks link is above.

5. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Donna has some nice ones that you can get thru the mail ... check out her website.

6. dverna

dverna Active Member

Another vote for Battenfield.

Don Verna

7. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

It does not look as cool as a leather pouch but the function is better by far. Get one or two of the "better box and shell holders". Add a mesh snap lock holder for empties if you reload.

I really enjoy the ease of use of this box holder.

If the link does not work look up the thread "FS: A BETTER BOX AND SHELL HOLDER"

8. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I think I'm going to go with a Lonesome Charlie's pouch. Next thing I'm going to need is a belt for the pouch. What size belt will fit in the loop of this pouch?

http://76.12.188.19/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=LCL&Product_Code=142BW&Category_Code=Pouch

9. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Donny Weaver!!! pricey but well worth it....

10. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Here's a site with some nice looking leather accessories.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Rods Custom Stocks

Rods Custom Stocks Member

Check out the website of www.rodscustomstocks.com or .net
    If you find anything you would like to order just call 419-347-6403 and ask for Theresa.

..........Rod

12. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Lonesome Charlie! Best products and the best people. They will maintain it for life!

13. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I just ordered the Lonesome Charlie's pouch I linked to above. I didn't want any design or pattern on the front so they were able to make one plain for me.

What a pleasure they were to deal with over the phone!

14. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Just wait until you need help (this may take a while), they'll treat you like family. I've been really impressed with Lonesome Charlie every time I've dealt with them. They're wonderful people.

15. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Now I need to find a belt to use with the pouch. I want some type of quick release belt buckle so I can drop the pouch when I don't want to wear it. I really liked the nylon belt that came with the cheap pouch I had originally bought. I could press a button and drop the belt/pouch.

Anyone have any ideas?

16. bigmike

bigmike TS Member

Lonesome charlie makes belts also. just tell them what you want they will fix you up. I have several items of theirs all good stuff and they are good people, I would highly recomend buying from these nice folks. regards,bigmike

17. slick50

slick50 Member

Try www.protektormodel.com they have leather pouches and belts that are very good quality and very in-expensive.

Bill

18. dugout

dugout TS Member

Call them back and order a belt to match the pouch. Their belts are as nice as the pouches!

19. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I don't really want a leather belt (I really don't like the look of leather (at all) but got a leather pouch because I need something that won't tear with use.

I'm going to look around and see if I can find something similar to the nylon belt I had but maybe something that can handle a bit more abuse. Ideally I want something that I can just click into and out of.

Plus, I'm not sure how well a leather belt would go with my very casual apparel (basketball shorts and t shirts). I'll keep looking around online and see if I can find anything that sparks my interest.

20. setool

setool Member

Why not just getting a trap shooters vest ???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

gary stevens working dog leather

red head trap pouch

trap pouches

trap shooting leather pouches to hold 25 shells

trap shooting pouches

working dog leather gary stevens