1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap or no Trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dkimbler, Jul 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dkimbler

dkimbler TS Member

Need an answer on a question that a friend and I have a disagreement on. He said he had a model 12 Winchester Trap gun. I asked him if it had Trap stamped on it just above where you put the shell into the magazine. He said no, I then said it was not a true trap from Winchester. I have a Model 12 that is stamped Trap. I plan on calling Glen the historian at Winchester later. I thought someone could provide an answer. I told him he had a field grade as most are. There is no special wood on this gun. Thanks for your advise.

Thanks
    David

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Soprry, but your friend wins. Not all Trap Win Mod 12s were stamped that way!

3. KS user

KS user TS Member

Look on the left side of the rib.If there sre two stamps,one on the barrel,and one on the reciever it is a trap.If it is a field grade the stamps will not be visible.They will be under the rib.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.