1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

"TRAP" on Rem 1100 Rcvr

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tonygrz, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonygrz

tonygrz TS Member

I want to bid on a Rem 1100 shotgun. I don't see the word "TRAP" anywhere on the reciever. Do the Rem 1100's have the word "TRAP" on the receiver??? Thanks

tonygrz

2. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

No difference except they say TRAP on the side. No difference that is until you go to sell them. then everybody wants them to say TRAP on the side. If you can get a good value on the receiver by all means buy it as unless it is a 3 inch Magnum receiver there is no difference between the field 2 3/4 inch receiver and the trap receiver .Jeff

3. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

I buy old 1100 field guns that don't say "TRAP" on them and make trap guns out of them.

The field 1100s cost half as much and usually have ten times LESS internal wear and tear on the receiver rails than a 20 or 30 yr old "TRAP" or TRAP-T marked receiver that has seen 100,000 rds give or take

4. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

As with the above I'm anything but an expert, and I have seen Remington trap guns that were definitely Trap guns but not marked Trap. I would also prefer a receiver marked Trap. Model 12 guns aren't always marked Trap either.

5. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

The economy TA grades did not have "TRAP" written on them. The TB grades and F grades did. No real duifference in the internal parts.

6. tonygrz

tonygrz TS Member

Thanks for the replies. I'll bid on the gun and see what I get when it is shipped to my dealer. I did notice that it has been ported but the port job was further back from the end of the barrel than I usually see them. If I can buy it for under $300, I can work with it. Besides, I've always wanted a painted stock with squiggly lines.

Thanks again,

Tony
    tonygrz

7. tonygrz

tonygrz TS Member

Thanks for the replies. I'll bid on the gun and see what I get when it is shipped to my dealer. I did notice that it has been ported but the port job was further back from the end of the barrel than I usually see them. If I can buy it for under $300, I can work with it. Besides, I've always wanted a painted stock with squiggly lines.

Thanks again,

Tony
    tonygrz

8. tsosin

tsosin TS Member

If your buying an entire gun, you should understand that the magnum will not recycle 2 3/4 shells, as the barrel only has one gas port.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.