1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap machine

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by twcpdc, Jul 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twcpdc

twcpdc Member

What woud b a good price to pay for a old winchester trap with the small turret. I think it will hold 150 birds. Thanks Tom

2. traploader

traploader Member

upto $1500 depending on condition.

3. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

There are several models:

V1524 (traditional hand-set model), probably $150-$200<BR>
    V1574 (skeet model, single stack), probably $750<BR>
    V1577 (trap model with 400 bird carousel), probably $1000<BR>
    V1582 (trap model with 400 bird carousel - similar to V1577, but an updated version), probably $1000<BR>
    V1583 (trap model with 400 bird carousel, come with vertical oscillation for "wobble"), probably up to $1500<BR>

CONDITION is everything, because it is difficult to tell what needs fixing without a tear-down.

I orchestrated the buyout from Winchester's Trap & Skeet Division and move here to Rapid City, SD to H-S Precision. H-S still has parts, but they no longer manufacture any parts, so if you buy one, you could be in a hurt locker should something crash. There are a couple of after-market suppliers, but their parts supplies are dwindling. When no more critical parts are available, you'll have a good boat anchor.

I just inventoried by parts supply and came up with about $4000-$5000 retail and have offered it to a supplier for $1000. We're still working out some details for this transaction.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I do have some manuals on CD for these machines. My manuals are not available anywhere else, because I received from Winchester's people here blueprints, etc. and special manuals not available to the public. There were then assembled in a better version showing all the parts schematics, and then I correlated each part to its nomenclature and a direct line entry in the price list. This was a painstaking task, but I felt it would make it easy for an owner to be exact in identifying each part, its name and part number, and cost.

Unfortunately, I do not sell the parts any longer for H-S. Here's an example of what I put together.

[​IMG]

WW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.