1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

????? Trap Machine set up???????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Aug 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

That is exactly how our machines are set up, I always wondered why

2. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

I believe it is that way because when the arm flicks thats what lines the launched bird up with the center of the house, if the trap machine was in the center, it would launch too far to the right.

Jerry Lewis

3. chikeneyes

chikeneyes TS Member

check the manufactuer data each one may vary but pat traps are offset to compensate to come out in the center of the house also it should be said to move the machine as far forword as possible to aquire the target as soon as possible with your eyes

4. Kyle Spieles

Kyle Spieles Member

I guess I never really thought of that but it makes sense.

5. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

That's why you buy the books and take the clinics. There is a lot of information out there that "most" trap shooters know absolutely nothing about that can help them shoot better scores. There is much more to becoming a competitive trap shooter than just going out on the line and shooting some targets..... Dan Thome (Trap2)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

setting trap machine

trap machine setting for trap shooting