1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TRAP MACHINE FOR SALE

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mr.mark, May 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr.mark

mr.mark Member

Pictures of when it was first made and shiny to show all the pieces and how it was designed:

1ST THE PAINT JOB:
    <a href="http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s312/numberonemrmark/?action=view¤t=DCP_1435.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

2ND THE SWIVEL PLATE AND THE EASE OF ADJUSTMENTS FOR HEIGHT AND TO TAKE THE CURL OUT OF THE TARGETS, EASY TO ADJUST AND CAN THROW A PERFECT TARGET
    <a href="http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s312/numberonemrmark/?action=view¤t=DCP_1424.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

3RD ANOTHER VIEW OF THE SWIVEL PLATE AND OF THE OSCILLATION MECHANISM THAT IS SET TO THROW PERFECT 2-HOLE TARGETS AND ALLOWS FOR THE FIELD TO BE ADJUSTED LEFT AND RIGHT WITH ONE EASY TURNBUCKLE
    <a href="http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s312/numberonemrmark/?action=view¤t=DCP_1406.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

4TH ANOTHER VIEW OF THE OSCILLATION MECHANISM THAT HAS BEEN COMPLETELY RELIABLE SINCE I BUILT IT A YEAR AND A HALF AGO, AND THE MOTOR IS EASILY REPLACED FOR VERY LITTLE COST OUT OF ANY JUNKYARD YOU GO TO, MOTOR IS DIRECTLY OFF A GM VEHICLE, ANY SUBURBAN OR PICKUP WILL WORK FROM EARLY 80S UP TO LATE 90S
    <a href="http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s312/numberonemrmark/?action=view¤t=DCP_1423.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

5TH HERE IS THE INSIDE OF THE MACHINE BEFORE I PUT THE SELF CONTAINED POWER SUPPLY IN IT.
    <a href="http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s312/numberonemrmark/?action=view¤t=DCP_1420.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

--------------------------CURRENT PICS:-------------------------

1ST VIEW FROM THE RIGHT SIDE IN THE FRONT AS IT LOOKS TODAY, IT COULD STAND TO BE CLEANED WITH A HIGH PRESSURE SPRAYER!
    <a href="http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s312/numberonemrmark/?action=view¤t=DCP_1541.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

2ND HERE IS A LOOK AT THE MACHINE AND OSCILLATION MECHANISM AS IT SITS TODAY, JUST THROUGH 100 TARGETS OFF OF IT THIS MORNING BEFORE RETIRING IT, ONLY SHOT A 92 THOUGH. BUT NOT A SINGLE BROKEN TARGET IN THE WHOLE 100.
    <a href="http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s312/numberonemrmark/?action=view¤t=DCP_1542.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

3RD HERE IS A PICTURE OF THE POWER SUPPLY THAT MAKES THIS THING SO HANDY, THE GAS TANK HOLDS ABOUT A HALF A QUART OF GAS AND WILL THROW ABOUT 75 TARGETS BETWEEN FILLUPS. THE MOTOR IS SOMEWHAT QUEITER BECAUSE THERE IS A CAR MUFFLER TIED TO IT ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE HOUSE, IT STARTS ON THE SECOND PULL EVERY TIME I HAVE STARTED IT EVEN DURING THE WINTER MONTHS. THE ALTERNATOR IS A STANDARD DELCO REMY OUT OF JUST ABOUT ANY GM VEHICLE YOU SEE IN THE JUNKYARD AND IS REPLACEABLE FOR VERY LITTLE MONEY. THE BATTERY IS A YEAR AND A HALF OLD AND STILL HOLDS A CHARGE VERY WELL.
    <a href="http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s312/numberonemrmark/?action=view¤t=DCP_1543.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Sorry for all the pictures, just wanted to give an accurate portrayal of what is for sale. Everything shown in the house goes with the machine, it has a shelf that holds 8 cases very nicely. The power supply is very reliable. The do-all machine has had some minor adjustments done in order to make it throw trap targets: #1 a bar has been bolted to the back of the plate to hold the targets in place so they don't slide of the back of the plate. The original one only had a brush like mechanism that failed when the machine was tilted back far enough to throw correct height trap targets. #2 the original bolt spring and spring are too stiff to throw trap targets, the minimum you can adjust it is to about 70 yards, so an lighter spring and longer spring bolt have been fitted to allow it throw between 40 and 60 yards. I've also polished the feeding ramp and modified it to feed reliably at the angle required to throw trap targets.

The house is 7 foot 6 inches wide and sits on skids so it is 100% portable behind a truck or 4 wheeler. It is 36 inches tall at the back which is maximum allowable according to the rule book when I built the machine. It is 39 inches in the front and so the roof slants to the rear to allow rain and what not to come off of it. It has a door that closes up the front to keep animals out. It could be set down in a recess in the ground to get it lower, but I usually shoot with it on a flat surface and the targets come out plenty high above the house (when set properly between 8 and 10 feet), to allow you to see and shoot them.

Last but not least, I just got a brand new motor from do-all and put it on 2 weeks ago. It has thrown less than 3 cases of targets. Incidentally, I got the old motor back to working so now there is a spare motor and extra wiring harness (that is still new in the box) that goes with it as a backup, as well as extra relays.

I am located in Colorado City, TX. For those of you who don't know where that is, I'm equal distance in the middle of these four towns: Lubbock, Abilene, San Angelo, and Midland. I live about 3 miles off the interstate and pickup will be no problem.

No shipping on this item as it is big and bulky and I'm not happy with the Post Office right now! You must arrange to have it picked up!

Price is $400, as it sits, with everything described as above.

Machine is in good working order, could stand to have a new paint job.

Feel free to contact me by email, post on TS, or you can call my cellphone: 325-242-1311

Mr. Mark

2. mr.mark

mr.mark Member

I'm shooting paint on the new one right now, will post pics of it when I'm done!

Mr. Mark

3. mr.mark

mr.mark Member

Pics are up of the new machine on another thread.

This machine that is for sale is complete and ready to go as it sits right now. All you have to add is targets and gas!!!!!

Mr. Mark

4. mr.mark

mr.mark Member

still for sale!

5. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

May I ask why a person wouldnt use a solar charger for the battery instead of a gas powered gen??

6. mr.mark

mr.mark Member

The solar charger is not anywhere close to enough power to run both the trap machine and the oscillation motor. Plus a solar panel, big enough to put out any power, would cost much more than this whole setup did.

The gas engine has worked well and I have no problems with this machine. The only reason I replaced it was because my new one throws doubles and singles. It too is powered by a gas engine.

Mr. Mark

7. mr.mark

mr.mark Member

If you put a solar panel on the machine big enough to charge a 12 volt battery effectively enough, I'm sure it would be at risk of being hit by shot and I sure wouldn't want to take that chance.

Mr. Mark

8. mr.mark

mr.mark Member

Back to the top.

This machine is very reliable and is not even close to being wore out yet!

Somebody make me an offer!

Mr. Mark

9. mr.mark

mr.mark Member

By the way, I still have the original 4 legged base that the do-all machine sits on, and will gladly throw it in with the machine.

If anybody would like the do-all machine by itself with the original stand and extra motor. I will gladly separate it from the rest of the structure and keep the bldg. and generator setup. Price for this would be $350.

Mr. Mark

10. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

I'm interested in Just the machine and the oscillating base. Is a deep marine battery enough to run them? Also could we work out someting about shipping? UPS or something because I'm in WV and don't see anyway to come to Texas. Thanks Gary If you want e-mail me direct gwlowe25271@yahoo.com

11. mr.mark

mr.mark Member

E-mail sent targetmaster.

To answer the question posted above, the machine by itself without the oscillation mechanism will only throw about 60 targets on a deep cycle marine battery due to the gearing of the motor on the Do-All machine. It is simply geared to high! With the oscillation motor turned on it will throw about 50 targets on a charge. However the way I have it set up now it will just keep on going and going and going, as long as you put gas in the tank!

For such a small investment, one could have a heck of a nice trap machine to practice on.

Mr. Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.