1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap Machine for Backyard???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BrooklynPrep69, May 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrooklynPrep69

BrooklynPrep69 TS Member

I have a Remington 2100. Asking $ 1,500

2. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

2labman:

I bought a pro-matic super hawk a couple of years ago to set up my own sporting clays practice field. I have a long range wireless release with a voice activator that has a range of approx. 75 yds. Works great! The trap holds 60 birds & cost of the total set up was less than $1,500. I don't have one on my practice trap but you can get a base that will oscillate for your trap practice........I think the base adds about $500. Good Luck!

3. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

Brooklynprep69,

Would that perhaps be a Rem. 4100?

ed.

4. traploader

traploader Member

I have exactly what you've asked for. A Winchester Western "White Flyer" trap machine V1524 for standard ATA oscillation complete with our automatic singles/doubles loader which holds 100 targets for 50 singles or 50 doubles. Comes with Clay Delay remote voice activation. Sells for $1995.

5. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

Just borrow the extra so you won't say i wish I would have bought a Pat trap in the first place. Allen

6. raptor1956

raptor1956 TS Member

I purchased a pro-matic club 275 for my back yard it does everything but throw doubles check out promatic's website it is a great machine for the money. So far it has thrown 15,000 birds and shows no sign of wear. I mounted mine on a trailer I store it in a shed when the weather is bad and I can take it over to different friends places when we want to shoot. I have set up a rope with knots tied in it for different yardages and a can of spray paint to mark stations I also keep a 100ft steel tape with it. I can set up a trap field in about 15 min. My promatic trap has provided a lot of good practice for me it is totally adjustable for height,spread and distance.

7. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

You need 300 yards for shot fall. 10 acres is not that much. You do not want shot to fall on someone elses property.

8. famill00

famill00 TS Member

Garg,
    Maybe his neighbor shoots with him and doesnt care?

Forrest

9. BrooklynPrep69

BrooklynPrep69 TS Member

I am sorry for the typo. It's a Remington model 4100 autoloading trap. Holds 154 targets when filled to recommended height. Target counter says 274810. Has some spare parts and manual. This came out of my club when they replaced the trap with a super star. It has been maintained by Shyda's.

10. BrooklynPrep69

BrooklynPrep69 TS Member

http://www.qualityreplacementparts.com/Used%20and%20Demo/Remington.htm

2lab. The above link has some more info.

Steve

11. dhwbailey

dhwbailey Member

I would recommend the Atlas. I have a 250 which throws targest flawlessly. Any time I've had a question, Scott has been more than ready with an answer and help when reuired, although that is rare.
    It's a bit clunky because the bird falls directly onto the throwing arm. This reduces the chance of target breakage. We can through pickups off the fiels, whereas an Lincoln Infinity is finicky about what birds it throws

12. JDinTX

JDinTX Member

I'm with dwhbailey. I also have an Atlas AT250 and it works great. Throws great birds and oscillating base works very good. I have had mine about a year and a half and me and few friends have thrown 40K from it without a hitch. I'll post a pick if you would like to see my set-up. I mounted it to a home welded base on casters, and then built a stand the same height as the tailgate on my truck, in and out very easy. JD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

5 stand pro-matic superhawk machine