1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap league's at Black Wing Shooting Center

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rick in Ohio, Apr 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick in Ohio

Rick in Ohio Member

Trap league

Guys feel free to tell me if I am wrong about this but I feel like I was rip off on a trap league Lewis class pay off at the Black Wing Shooting Center in Ohio

I join a league over at Black Wing Shooting Center 3 weeks ago, week 2 I had the top score for the night with a 47, everyone that shot that night gets there scores put up on the board in Black ink. I come back in this week to see what the lewis paid off was and I seen that a guy that shoot this week for last week and his score was in Red ink on the board that he shot a score of 46. To my under standing you can play the lewis and be in the pay off by shooting a week late. My pay off was $28.50 and the other guy that shot a week later and his score is in red cleanly showing that he didn't shoot the same night and he got $21.50 Now I got to thinking about this and I went to ask about it and they give me this line that they would check on it ......... well they never did come back and tell me if this was the way thing are done there or not. The money is no big deal but I feel that they rip me off beings I was not one of there members.

Whats really is up setting is the night I shot this score the wind was blowing about 35 to 40 mph at times and I work hard to get this score and this other guy didn't shoot the same night and he gets in the lewis class pay off.

I am thinking about dropping out of if this is the way thing are done over there but first I would like to see what you guys have to say before I do.

Am I right or wrong about feeling like I was rip off?

2. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Rick that does not set right with me. I don't know what their rules are.
    I know some leagues allow you to bank a score ahead of time but not later.

I will see if Black Wing has rules posted.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

3. Rick in Ohio

Rick in Ohio Member

You can bank up to 3 but I am sure that you can't play the lweis if you do bank. Like I said its not the money its the way things are done that make me feel like I been rip off on the pay off.

4. Rick in Ohio

Rick in Ohio Member

I look up the rules on there spring league flyer and it stats :

"May bank up to 3 scores in advance. Banked scores do not count for Lewis
    Class." Bank scores are on the board in red and I am not sure why this guy was in the pay off when his score was in red.

I am not one to let my team down but in this case to make a statement I may have to drop out this week.

5. brokendownbob

brokendownbob TS Member

Im sure that your not elgible to win any lewis money for a banked score. If someone was payed it was probably a mistake. Great shooting, that was a rough night.

6. Rick in Ohio

Rick in Ohio Member

brokendownbob

What piss me off the most was when I went to ask about it and not a thing was done about it. You think they would have come out and told me it was a mistake and I would have been ok with that.

I have been up set with this hole thing cent last Thursday.

7. dds4horse

dds4horse Member

I understand your frustration it does not seem right. Before you do anything rash try to talk to them again and have them explain. I considered joining the league but I am from up in Cleveland and I am there often enough that it would have been feasible with banking scores but without playing lewis just not as fun. Letting your team down IS the bummer. still beats watching TV on a thursday night. I come up there and practice thursdays and wish I can really commit but my number 1 reason for not joining is I would hate to be unable to make it down and then screw my teammates without a score.
    os

8. Rick in Ohio

Rick in Ohio Member

dds4horse

ITs up setting and its just not good business when you ask about it and its just push under the carpet.

I

9. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Ok, Rick --- who did you talk to? I shoot league there too and this is my third go around. I have found that if you have concerns about BW or the way things are done there, you need to talk to someone besides your scorekeeper or the 2 day week part-timer checking you in. Did their mistake effect your payout? How were you "ripped off"? And by the way, the scores for the first 3 weeks only count for averages, not for team placement.

rm

10. Rick in Ohio

Rick in Ohio Member

I talk to "Zack" not the score keeper or a 2 day worker, and I would say if they paid this guy everyones pay off for that night wasn't right. I am sure if you run in to this some day that you would be upset also about it also.

I am planning to call them this week and tell they I am dropping out of league's and why.

11. oh3200hntr

oh3200hntr TS Member

I would go see that young man that works in the back. Have heard he has solved a few problems back there and i bet he could get things squared away for you.

12. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

The concerns of the shooters are not the primary concern at BW. Just look at their prices!

13. Rick in Ohio

Rick in Ohio Member

I told my wife this morning I made my mine up. I am going to give Black Wing a call this week and drop out of league's.

I think it all comes down to I am feed up with the super hard targets they throw and to top it off this lewis class pay off that wasn't done right.

I can drive a liitle bit farther and shoot at the Cardinal Center...... better targets 1/2 the price.

I shoot 3 to 4 nights a week anyway.

14. tincanman

tincanman Member

That's about the average payout in Lewis for top score most weeks isn't it? Even if there was a mistake made and they added a score that shouldn't have been added, I'm sure it's not the first mistake made in scoring and certainly not the last. Those scores get transcribed many times before getting finalized by a few different people.

15. Rick in Ohio

Rick in Ohio Member

That's not the point!

The point is it should have been check in to when I ask about it and they didn't and that's what piss me off most. If your not going to do the pay off's right then they should drop the lewis class all together and just shoot league's. I shoot on Tuesday night on 3 trap league's on the other side of the state and you don't see this stuff going on there or the other trap club I been to. Even if they do made a mistake they come out and tell you about it.

16. yakimaman

Rick, you are a cry baby - screaming about an alleged Lewis payout to someone else that didn't have any effect on your payout. How do you know the guy actually got money? How, were you standing there when he checked in last week? How many other 46s were there? Yeah, you got ripped off and the targets are so hard and they treat members differently (I'm one and all I get are the discounts that I've paid for) and that hurts your feelings... wipe your face and go away, go shoot somewhere else. Waaaaaa, waaaaaaaa,waaaaaaaa!

17. tincanman

tincanman Member

Two 46's were scored that week. One was in black and the other in red. The one that you must have seen was the banked score. A shooter named Mike with the Reloaders team shot a 46 that night and it should have been him on the Lewis class payout sheet.

95 black scores and the 95 entered for Lewis Class payout.

It sounds like there might just be a misunderstanding on how they post and pay out. I've never seen anyone get treated any differently at this shooting facility.

Overall, BWSC, is one of the friendlier destinations to visit. No, not the cheapest for non-members, but those extra dollars helps keep the place clean.

18. yakimaman

And for my $150 membership fee I get 16 rounds of practice free, after I use that up I can shoot practice for $6 or if I buy in blocks of 10 - $5. I also get 5% off all purchases including guns and ammo. Practice traps are open 6 days a week and the facility is well stocked with guns, ammo, targets and just about every accessory you need. (not just shotguns)Staff is friendly, the building is spotless, clean restrooms, a banquet room and small kitchen for your parties, and more. Whine away Rick, no one is getting ripped off here.

rm

19. perazzi03

perazzi03 TS Member

i dont have a dog in this fight, so im not putting any input in this thread. rick springer

20. Rick in Ohio

Rick in Ohio Member

Guys I just wanted to let you know that Zack called me today from Black Wing and said that he was sorry for blowing me off when I was asking about the lewis class pay off. We work thing out and I went ahead and drop out of the league's shoots.

I am still not sure if thing was really on the up and up but I am over it now and I have moved on.

Thanks again Zack for calling me today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.