1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap League trophies and awards

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by fmmafco, Mar 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fmmafco

fmmafco Member

Hello
    I am for the first time running a trap league. I am seeking advice from those with more experience on what type of trophies or awards shooters prefer. I will be buying 22 trophies or awards every ten week session. My budget is about $600.00 but that is subject to change depending on what kind of feedback I get here.Thank You gregfriedmann@fmmafco.com

2. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Depends on how many class or cat. trophies you want to give. Some leagues give a certificate that can be framed with a cash prize for the adult shooters and a shooting trophy for the junior winner. Keep the awards simple but nice with an awards dinner. If your budget will allow it, shooting related door prizes at the dinner always go over well. Gives everyone a chance to win something.

Rich in Indiana

3. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

I shoot in a summer league at one of the lacal clubs. They were buying trophies and the same guys were winning all the time. I suggested they get a trophy plaque to mount on the wall and the winner gets his mane added to plaque. The money for trophies was put back into the league and we have a catered dinner at the end of the league. Nothing fancy one of the guys knows a fellow that owns an Italian restaurant and he gives them a good price.

The trophy is great for the junior shooters as they like to get something, my thought is it's just another thing to dust. They also have a shoot-off on the night of the dinner and the winners get shoot cards for free rounds of trap. Just a thought. Bernie

4. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

Gun cases with the winners name, Team name if applicable and name of gun club or league stitched on the case makes a nice trophy.

5. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

Greg,

Trophies can get pricey if you buy several of them brand new, so here's a different idea you can consider. Old trophies, shooting or otherwise, can easily be refurbished for little or nothing. Clubs and individuals have the things sitting around every where just gathering dust. They generally will gladly donate them to you free of charge. Clean 'em up. Go to a trophy dealer and order some new components for them as needed. They're cheap. I run a trap league also and this Sunday I will be presenting 10 trophies and only 4 of them are brand new. No one knows the difference, nor would they care that some used to be old bowling trphies, etc. Food for thought..

Happy hunting.

Jon Reitz

6. tgs1420

tgs1420 TS Member

Give Shoot certificates equal to the price of the tropies, good for 1 round of trap/skeet/5 stand. I think thats the best award. The clubs are in the throw targets business, so give what we got, not trophies/cash !

7. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

At our club the person who runs the league will through out the year will look and buy things that they find at good prices. They will buy toe tag rests, shirts, shell bags, cleaning things, trap round tickets, cash. The person who runs the league will at times will know if its a start up shooter who won and will make sure they get something they need to shoot. Just go out and look for whats out there and listen to what the shoots are talking about and what they are saying they need or want.

8. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

Right now Kohl's has a cool tee-shirt.. says "TOP GUN" from the movie~ $8.00 each...Everybody likes a new shirt...lb

9. 100after9

100after9 TS Member

Alot of great ideas here is another idea... I don't know what you have set for a round of trap but what we do in increase the price by $1 and add it to the budget... we also have 3 or 4 teams each sponsored by a local business for $100 at the end each sponsor gets a plaque with the teams wins and losses on it. We give away jackets to the winning team, 1st place on other teams and high in vet lady and aa a b c classes. We also gather door prizes from local business and list them at the club for the year...At the banquet is where we give it all away... Good Luck

10. fmmafco

fmmafco Member

Thanks all these are great ideas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

shooting trophies

trap league tropheys

trap league trophy