1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap League Rules

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by motrap, Feb 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motrap

motrap Member

We had your same problems ......... but now

In our 10 week league we allowed only two pre-shoots (no make ups) ... but we allowed as many as 2 subs per team (all 6 or 7 could shoot each night, only using the top 5 scores)

A bonus for the club; the extra shooters shot (in essence) extra targets each league night ....

2. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

It`s called escrow . Due to work conditions and family commitments , we allow shooters to shoot score for the days they can`t be there . These scores are used in the rotation they were recorded . First scores used first then next in line . If you come to the club then you must shoot for score otherwise your marked down for 1 target less than the lowest score of the opposing team member . No Compromising . If you come - you shoot -- don`t come -- escrow score . No escrow - same as not shooting - 1 target less than lowest opposing team members score . On days that look like a rain out , we prefer that shooters shoot for score first , then any escrow or practice afterwards . Works fine if everyone follows those rules . Hope that helps !!!!

3. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

No team can shoot early or late. Shoot your assigned squad time. If a team does not show up that you are shooting against you shoot the Easy 5 (You draw out of the hat and the team you draw is the score you shoot against that night. Your not shooting againsty the tam, just their score as they are already shooting against another team.)). Team that didn't show gets no points for the night.

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

We allow shoot up, our league is a high score average, 2 highest scores for the week. When shooting up you need to declare it before shooting. Then you shoot 2 rounds that is your pre shoot score. No ifs and or buts. Now missing weeks if you miss 2 in a row. Any extra scores shot before we use the lowest scores to fill in the missed weeks. Up to 4 weeks. miss four and your out. We

5. BuckGuru

BuckGuru Member

The clubs I shoot at in Western New York all allow unlimited shooting ahead and 1-2 weeks shoot behind. Shooters have been known to shoot the entire league scores in one night. In some cases, the league fee must be paid in full before shooting ahead.

6. Remo

Remo TS Member

I happen to think that restrictions on people putting scores in a bank, escrow or whatever you call it is detrimental to a club. Our league rules state that you CANNOT shoot a score for league after league night, but you can shoot ahead for as many nights as you want. Rule, first in first out... We find that shooters put lots of scores in their bank just in case they might be gone. Score in the bank DO NOT have to be used if you show up. There are numerous reasons why a person might not show up. If a shooter is at the club they have to shoot a score for league, they can't use a bank score. (windy weather etc) The extra shooting by shooters is profit for the club, as many shooters would only shoot a round per week. However with the banking system they shoot many extra rounds, to have a score just in case. In about 35 years of shooting in a league like this I've seen very little if any abuse of the system.

7. Nutnbutsmoke

Nutnbutsmoke Member

Our league is planning this year to allow you to bank up to 3 weeks scores for emergencies, work or family etc, banked scores of course are not included in any lewis class calculations. If you miss a week and have no targets banked you get your average minus 2 targets, if you miss a second time and have not banked any targets you get your average minus 4 targets no make up scores. So if you are entering as a team you want members who will show up each week. And as one of the others stated if you are there you shoot, no showing up and looking at conditions and saying I guess I will use a banked score tonight.

8. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

The club benefits from all shooting whether it`s practice , escrow or league scores . WE don`t allow substitutes to shoot score s for other assigned members of a team . It`s team sport effort and bringing in a ringer isn`t fair . If it`s a 50 bird race per night and there are 4 nights left , those banking their escrow scores can be told if they have enough banked if they have 8 scores left . The rest of the shooting can be just practice . We allowed practice first if they chose before their scoring rounds but like I said before , if it gets nasty and they refuse to shoot their scores for the night and have no escrow , they take the penalty that that club has in effect whether it`s 1-2 or 4 birds less than the lowest score of the opposite team they are shooting against . Many a team will toss out members that don`t participate and get their score in or enough escrows for the duration of the league . Quick way for that team to be in last place . I wouldn`t have them on my team .

9. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Some asked if you could shoot escrow anytime and that was turned down because those who ran the league kept the scores and if Wed night were the designated days of the league then that was the only day the scores were recorded . What that did was generate guys to shoot both days if they were able . Yes , the scorer would mark down on the sheet which the shooter was shooting , practice , score or escrow . There were separate score sheets for league night or day . Score would be marked 1 or 2 , depending on how many rounds for the league . Most are 50 birds but I heard some were only 25 bird leagues and people would travel to 2 or 3 per night . Very die hards .

10. harpo_old

harpo_old Guest

After 25 years of shooting leagues i quit, will save my time and money for ata shoots and games at the club of my choice..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

trap league rules