Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trap Instructors in N Illinois

4K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  SARGE75X 
#1 ·
As mentioned in prev. thread son I just began shooting trap and enjoy it. So I thought it would be a good idea to start out right, So I was looking for any info on instructors, and someone to verify proper gun fit etc. thanks Joe

#2 ·
Joe,

Welcome to trapshooting! Start paying attention to clinics being given in your general area. If you are in Northern Illinois, look in Wisconsin at Waukesha Gun Club. I know that Downers Grove in Morris Illinois usually has a clinic and Glen Park in Merrillville Indiana (around 45 minutes southwest of Chicago) will be holding a clinic in the spring.

In addition, you can go to specific instructors websites.

1. Harlan Campbell Jr.
<br><br>
2. Ricky Marshall Jr.
<br><br>
3. Kay Ohye
<br><br>
4. Phil Kiner
<br><br>
5. Leo Harrison III

I am sure there are others, but these are the big names in clinics. Good luck and keep us posted on you and your sons progress.

Yours in sport,

Cory

#3 ·
Where are you located? There is a great club in Elmhurst (Maywood Sportsman Club). Also in Plainfield there are two or three clubs available to shoot at. In my experiance, the gentlemen at the clubs that I frequent, will be more than happy to help out any new shooters. The Downers Grove Sportsman Club (in Morris) will be having a shoot on Jan 1, if you are interested.

#12 ·
Joe, Rick Gibbs here from Downers Grove SC. We currently have one of the most active Youth Programs in the area. Jack Miller has a good program @ Exline GC and produces some excelent young shooters. I believe that Northbrook GC has a youth program. I can't comment on how active they are.

We currently allow juniors to shoot for $2.00 a round with no daily fee. We actually lose money on their targets but we are that committed to the young shooters. All of our coaches involved with the program are certified to coach. I would say investigate instructor vs. coach and make a decision.

Guests are allowed as long as you are signed in by a member, and I cannot remember an incident where a guest has not been signed in.

You can go to our website downersgrovesc.org which has a link to our youth webpage and contact me or just pm me for further information.

Active Duty military with documentation shoot for free anytime

Our guest rate is $5.00/round with no daily fee.

Thanks, Rick Gibbs

Thanks, Rick Gibbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.