1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap in Western New York?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by yakimaman, Jul 3, 2013.

1. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Heading to the Lake Chataqua (Beemus Point) next week for a family vacation - does anyone know if there's a place to shoot in that area?

Rich

2. DBSkeet

DBSkeet Member

Big Tree Sportsmans club is open for business on Saturday mornings and Tuesday evenings. Its on Waltonian Road in Ashville which is not far (15 min) from Bemus. They have two trap fields and 2 skeet fields. Celeron usually has open shooting on wednesdays at noon and have both trap and skeet. Busti Trap club has open shooting on either Tuesdays or Thursdays and maybe other times. You can also shoot trap at Ellery (5 min from Bemus), Ripley, and Westfield but I dont know what their arrangements are as far as hours go.

3. kevin a.

kevin a. Member

try contacting this fellow
    he is a state delegate and live in bemus point

b_whalen56@yahoo.com

kevin

4. kevin a.

kevin a. Member

try ellington rod & gun also

5. DBSkeet

DBSkeet Member

There is no trap and no open hours at Jamestown. I am pretty sure Mayville is closed. As mentioned above by Kevin, probably Brian Whalen would be a good guy to get current information from or he will steer you in the right direction.

Dan

6. T.A.K.

T.A.K. Member

You could always make the 4 hour drive from Bemus Point to Cicero for the New York State shoot. It starts the 9th. I hope all the rain has passed for your vacation.

Search tags for this page
skeet shooting western new york
trap shooting clubs in western ny

trap shooting in ellery new york

trap shooting in western ny

trap shooting ripley ny