1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap in Orlando?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blade819, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

I have a friend who wants her Son to get involved in Trap Shooting. I looked on the net and was astounded to not find a trap facility in the Orlando area. Anyone with input would be appreciated. I guess too many golf courses?

blade819

2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Volusia is 15 minutes from the Daytona International Speedway. Not a bad drive from Orlando. Three trap fields. Two skeet, getting ready to put in a third. 5-stand.

$25 a year. Member rate $5 a round, but if you purchase a book of ten shoot tickets, you receive a free round.

http://www.volusiaclaytarget.com/

3. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

Eustis Gun Club is nice. Two fields plus skeet, sporting clays and 5 stand.

Also, Chuluota Sportsmens Club in Chuluota. A small but friendly single trap field. We shoot on Thursday evenings and the second Sunday of each month.

4. cpd544

cpd544 Member

Chuluota is a great club with nice people, just outside of Oviedo.

5. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

Chuluota Sportsmens Club on Willingham Road, shooe every Thursday evenina and second Sunday afternoon. Open to the public at those times. Any questions just e-mail me or P M me. Woody Sullivan

6. Advsporttech.com

Advsporttech.com TS Member

Port Malabar is about 40-45 min away. Havent shot there but looked into it when I as on vacation.

7. rdf59

rdf59 Member

John,
    Port Malabar, which is in SW Palm Bay, is a complete facility. Check with Ed Jones on it. He was a key player in its development before he moved up north to the beautiful mountains.
    Dick

8. blade819

Thanks for the info. Being from Orlando for 24 years and considering its size an population, I can't believe someone hasn't opened a real nice club. I'll pass all info along.

blade819

9. Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe Member

The TM Ranch had everything, 8 trap fields, skeet fields, and sporting clays. the owners decided to sub-divide into five acre parcels. To my knowlege it never happened due to housing crunch. Had covered area for 500 people, two five stands, and outstanding clubhouse; all vacant. They did raise cattle and had all types of hunting as well.

Rick

10. Baber

Baber TS Member

They did at one time. It was called Orange County Trap and Skeet. Great club. Lost their lease about 20 years ago and had to close.

T

11. blade819

T - You are right. I believe it was in the Dr. Phillips area off Apopka Vineland Rd. Radio Star Jim Phillips from O Town shot there all the time.

blade819

12. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Blade we had an anti gun politician Linda Chapan several years ago, who made it virtually impossible to open/reopen any gun ranges in Orange Co. Sad but true@!!

13. blade819

That's odd, I lived there from 1984 - 2004 and don't remember Linda as being anit-gun. The trap club in Dr. Phillips closed for one reason and one reason only, land in SW Orange County = $$$$$$$$$

blade819

14. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

We looked into buying the land etc.. but the laws as written are extremely prohibited in what you can and can't do, and her name came up time & time again?

15. DENNISMASTROLIA1

DENNISMASTROLIA1 Active Member

Port Malabar in Palm Bay- PM me for more info. Great club-Trap-Skeet-Sporting Clays-600 yard high power-Cowboy action-several pistol ranges-IDPA. This place has everything. Dennis.

16. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

TM Ranch is long gone, out of business several yeaars ago. Woody

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

orange county trap & skeet club

trap clubs in the orlando area