1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap in No. VA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Liz1234, Jun 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liz1234

Liz1234 TS Member

I am moving from SoCal/San Diego (land of the closed gun club) to Northern VA.
    Any recommendations where I can shoot? Anyone shoot there?

I will be in Alexandria and would prefer not to drive hours every weekend to shoot. Now I know I will not find a place as awesome as REDLANDS. That's a given. But maybe someplace almost as awesome as Redlands.

Thanks,
    Liz (member of the San Diego trapshooting estrogen brigade)
    email gutterglitter10 at gmail dot com

2. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Yes Liz! Go to: http://www.vatrap.com/

The VA State shoot is in Winchester, VA 30JUN-04JUL. If you are here by then you gotta go.

Maryland also has a wide selection of gun clubs also within easy reach if N. VA.

Welcome to the Mid Atlantic region, you'll like it here.

Many places to shoot!!!

Guy Babin

3. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

If your going to be in the NOrthern Va area you will be please with how many clubs there are in Va and Md. You just have a hard time deciding which club you want to go to that day. Welcome to VA where you have gun rights.

4. chipking

chipking TS Member

Liz I second Guys recommendation go to http://www.vatrap.com/ also try http://www.marylandtrapshooting.com/ If you live in Alexandria there will be several clubs within about 35 miles. There are excellent clubs in both VA and Maryland that will be a short drive. With very little effort you can shoot registered targets almost every weekend if you like. There are public ranges and private clubs all through the area so there are lots of opportunities to shoot.

--- Chip King ---

5. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

in Maryland, PG County Trap and Skeet has the most extensive Trap range within the metro DC commuting area and is in easy access from Alexandria.They have a bunker range as well.

Bull Run Shooting Center in Centreville, VA is my home club and I shoot sporting clays all the time there, however they only have one trap range (and 1 active wobble range) and they do not hold any type of Trap tournaments. It's about the same driving time from Alexandria as PG County Trap and Skeet....on a good day without traffic accidents/construction LOL

When in northern VA, you have to really drive a distance to find a good shooting range.

if you shoot a lot of Trap and need a good price on bulk ammo (Rio), send me a private message. I will hook you up with a Rio distributor within the area.

6. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

Northern Virginia Gun Club is a less expensive place to shoot.

7. Liz1234

Liz1234 TS Member

Wow, thanks guys! Looks like I have a lot of options, I'm so excited. I gotta say PG trap and skeet looks awesome. Looking forward to lots of good shooting.

Liz

8. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Howdy Miss Liz,
    I just wanted to say welcome to the area..........and hope all is well.
    There are lots,and lots of really good shooting facilities in the surrounding area( Md.,Va.,Pa.).I know you said you didn't want to drive a long ways(depends on what you consider long),but around here its just kind of par for the coarse........You'll get used to it.
    Shoot at different clubs........you'll find one you'll like more than others.Go to different ATA shoots,and after the target year is over,you might want to join a winter league........lots of good times,good eats,and good people.Speaking of the good people, you've met a few on this thread already. Hope to meet,and greet you someday......until then.......smoke 'em all.

D.P.Reynolds

9. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

Hey Liz,

I too live in Alexandria and shoot all around the beltway. I also highly recommend the Virginia State Shoot in Winchester VA. It's about 66 miles from Alexandria, at a beautiful trap club. I shoot PG county regularly and travel to several clubs in Maryland.

When you are here and settled, shoot me a PM here or email me at luvnbearhugs@yahoo.com.

Welcome to the right coast!

Vicki

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

trap no va