1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap in Columbus Georgia

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blade819, Oct 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

May be moving to Fort Benning, Columbus Georgia. Does anyone know of a Trap Club or Trap facility around that area?

blade819

2. rbmtrap

rbmtrap Member

Callaway Gardens used to have shooting facility, may now be closed. Not the ATA activity in Georgia compared to surrounding states - many months with limited schedule. Nice facility in Montgomery, AL (Dixie Trap)may be your closest bet.

Georgia needs more trap shooters - good luck!

3. gary0920

gary0920 Member

There is a club in the Headland area north east of Dothan, Al that has skeet and trap. They are trying to get certified to throw registered targets. Don't know where they stand on getting started.

4. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Both those facilities mentioned are nice clubs but are a long ways from Columbus. I belong to the club in Headland and love shooting there. Are you associated with the military or retired military? I was told that there is a range at Ft Benning but don't know if it's open to the public. I know there is a private club between Eufaula and Columbus but never visited it. Jackie B.

5. Baber

Baber TS Member

Ft. Benning is home to the Army Marksmanship Unit. The best clay target shooters in the country are there. Vinnie Hancock and Glen Eller who won Gold in China are currently members of the unit. If you are Army or a Civilian employee working on base you will have no problem shooting with the best. Out side civilians can shoot there at the invitation of the Army.

This is a great opportunity to shoot with the best.

TB

6. gary0920

gary0920 Member

No sir, I'm not in the miltary. I live in Tallahassee and shoot at TRPC. There are several several members of Tallahassee Rifle & Pistol Club that shoot high power rifle at Ft. Benning each month, but I have never visited the base. I'm sure if you keep asking around, someone will hook you up to shoot there. Good Luck

Gary Rickard

7. Shooting Jack

This is a reply I received from the head of mwr. Jackie B.

Hello! First, let me thank you for your interest in MWR! Unfortunately,
    Fort Benning does not currently have trap/skeet shooting on post. If you
    are interested in hunting on Fort Benning, you may visit www.benningmwr.com
    for hunting and weapons regulations. Please let me know if you need any
    further information!

Thank you,
    Farrah Myers
    Outdoor Recreation Program Manager
    Fort Benning, Georgia
    farrah.myers@us.army.mil
    706-545-7048

8. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

I got excited when I read the post about Benning because I will be a civilian employee but it seems that pooped out. As far as Trap Shooting in Georgia, I lived in Hiawassee for 5 years and still have a home there. All the trap shooting in that state is east of Atl.

9. Shooting Jack

Blade, I will let you know if I find out anything different. I do know there is a gun club approx 20 miles south of the base but I don't know anything about it. I fish over there on the Hooch a good bit and can hear the shooting from one of my favorite fishing holes. Jackie B.

One thing I didn't understand was the base had a shooting team so they have to shoot someplace.

10. Shooting Jack

Blade, I will let you know if I find out anything different. I do know there is a gun club approx 20 miles south of the base but I don't know anything about it. I fish over there on the Hooch a good bit and can hear the shooting from one of my favorite fishing holes. Jackie B.

One thing I didn't understand was the base had a shooting team so they have to shoot someplace.

11. 60MM

60MM TS Member

Flint Skeet & Trap Club is in Albany,Ga. open wed. sat. and sun. They have wobble and 2 ata traps

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

columbus georgia skeet club

trap and skeet cloumbus ga