1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap in Canada ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 635 G, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Looking to participate in a few multi-day shoots in Canada over the summer.

Would like the distance to be under 1500miles each way from NC.

Please if any knows of dates, locations & most important all rules for crossing into & returning from Canada with shotguns & ammo.

Phil Berkowitz

2. smoked

smoked TS Member

Hi Phil, here are the dates of Ontario Shoots, best place to cross would be Niagara Falls, lots to see and do there and only 40 mins to Hamilton . For the rules at the border I would go to Joe's "lost Target" site , he has lots of good info there on the regulations

www.trapshooting.on.ca/dates.htm

www.losttarget.com

Cheers

Chris

3. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

The link for bringing firearms into Canada.

http://www.losttarget.com/firearmcanada.html

Cost you $25. You will need a passport or (any state) ENHANCED drivers license to return to the US at all land crossings. Passport required if flying.

Also, Quebec does have several trap shoots each summer, with the largest being the Provincial, but the larger shoots are held in Ontario.

The Quebec dates for 2010 are not yet available, but when posted I make them available on my Quebec site.

http://www.losttarget.com/quebec/

4. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Phil,

We have 3 clubs that hold multi day shoots in Ontario. E-mail me at ... billmalcolm@rogers.com ... and I can answer any of your questions. We'd love to have you come and visit us. Bill Malcolm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.