1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap guns, trap shooters, which makes which?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by grnberetcj, Jan 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

It seems most believe that an expensive gun will make them a better shooter. Wrong! A poor shooter was probably a poor athlete growing up and in all reality nothing is going to change. I'm fairly sure there have been some exceptions, doubtful, but maybe?

Curt

2. jmas

jmas TS Member

Which comes first the chicken or the egg????????????

3. Earl4140

Earl4140 TS Member

Deleted Duplicate. Anon

4. Earl4140

Earl4140 TS Member

Piddy: Thanks for tipping us off with "Scam". Actually this is a very stupid question. However, it is relevant.

When are the fools searching for the Golden Gun going to realize they are shooting the Golden Gun and it needs fitting. Suppose a taste test was devised with a representative sample of great guns. BT-99, BT-100. KS-5, Kolar Single/Combo, Alfermann, Perazzi, K-80 and Seitz. All stocked to fit the testers. All guns modified to appear similar. Yes the Top Lever/Trigger opening will be suppressed by technician loading gun. Can you tell which gun you are shooting? I think not! Anon

5. nipper

nipper TS Member

Bowlers need a new bowling ball that cant bowl anyway, Golfers have to have the new set of glubs that cant hit a ball straight anyway.Etc. Etc. Its all in the mind and more so in advertising dollars.

Bill

6. nipper

nipper TS Member

Oh should of mentioned as well-- Tiger woods isnt worried that another golfer will outscore him he is more concerned with the course not beating him. If someone goes into any sport worring about "someone else winning" you will be on the losing side from the start. So i suggest shooting the targets not another shooter.

Bill

7. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

"It seems most believe that an expensive gun will make them a better shooter. Wrong!"

That's not true!!

When I bought my Sietz, my wife said, "If you don't shoot a lot better with that gun than you do now, I'll wrap it around your head!!" and, you know, I've made it a point to keep that gun straight since I bought it. All I needed was her gentle motivation...every time I shoot!

Morgan

8. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Some of the most important things on expensive guns are not adjustable. How stupid. HMB

9. Earl4140

Earl4140 TS Member

HMB: I thought you were on the Moon trying to determine the leads and deciding if the equivalent of 27 Earth Yards was indeed 110 Moon Meters. Earl

10. lumper

lumper TS Member

It is not the gun that makes the shooter but it is the shooter that makes the gun ... any good shooter can pick up a gun and shoot it well but not every shooter can shoot a good gun well so ... you tell us ... what makes which?

11. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Lumper, your call is verified in our trapshooting history book, Arnold Reigger proved exactly that. Hap

12. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Ditto what Lumper said! My Perazzi has made me what I am today! .......No smartass comments now!

13. lumper

lumper TS Member

Sorry ... this is not a smartass comment at all but if what a great advertisement for all other gun manufactures if your Perazzi made you what you are today.

You have now almost singlehandedly driven the value of Perazzi guns below Spartan, Stoeger and the H&R Topper trap gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.