1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap Guns Stolen

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SF SGM, Jan 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SF SGM

SF SGM Member

The following trap guns were stolen in Jacksonville, Fl. last Thursday, January 15,2009.

Krieghoff KX-5, 34" barrel, choke tubes, release trigger, PFS and wood stock was also stolen, SN: 040022. Was in original Krieghoff case.

Beretta 682X, 32" top single and 32" double, choke tubes, release trigger and PFS Stock. In aluminum case. SN: R12962B

Beretta A303, 30" high rib barrel, release trigger, choke tubes. SN: M24074E

Odds getting them back, slim and none. Odds of someone getting hurt with those release triggers, EXCELLENT!

Van

2. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

I have forwarded this list to all the gun dealers I have an emaiil for here in TN

3. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

There was a thread on here about a new website for stolen guns. Good luck, Jeff

4. SF SGM

SF SGM Member

Paul,

Sadly, they were mine. I was getting ready to go to the Dixie and they broke the window out in my Tundra and unlocked the door and POOF, gone. So much for Toyota's alarm system. My dealer stated that the windows are not sensored but that when they opened the door it should have went off. Guess what, it didn't.

Van

5. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Hate to be a wise a$$ but I thought Toyota's were built by GOD.

6. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Bill,

It may just be me, but I think that was uncalled for.

7. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

Sorry to hear that Top I hope you had them insured, if you find out or catch them let me know I'll fly down and we can take them to Eglin for some Military style justice. You know the area I'm thinking of, the one with the big lizards.

8. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

my truck was broken into just like Vans.
    fortunately i only had my range bags and a camera bag inside the truck. my alarm went off but no one paid any attention.
    my guns were in the bed under a hard tonneau cover.
    i never leave my guns inside my truck..

ernie

9. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Van,

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. However, the good news is that gang bangers and drug dealers have little use for trap guns. More than likely, IMO, they will fence the guns to a pawn shop or shady gun dealer in the area.

Be sure to send a description of the guns to all such places of business in and around Jacksonville. Let them know that whatever price they have to pay to get the stolen guns, that you will reimburse them that cost plus a reasonable profit to get the guns back. Then you should be able to get your money back from your insurance company. Hopefully the cops could also catch the gun thieves.

Easystreet

10. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

sorry that happened- good advice about personally contacting the pawn shops and offering a reward

crooks have very few outlets for these type of guns

regards from Iowa

Gene

11. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

It sure would be nice to be there when the punks tried to fire those guns and found out how release triggers work. Hopefully they will be candidates for the 2009 Darwin Awards. Good luck in getting your guns back.

12. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

Van,

I am in Edgewater this week and was planning to visit the two gun shops here and in Daytona. I will take your info with me and let them know to look out for them. There is also a gun show here the weekend of Jan 31. Might be good to post something there to look out for them.

Good Luck!

Luvn

13. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Van,

It might also be a good idea to send or take a note about this to the trap ranges in the JAX area. It's possible that a trap shooter might unknowingly purchase one of the guns after it had gone through several private sales and show up with it at the trap range.

Also let all gunsmiths in the area know about it. Some jerk may buy one of the guns in a bar for a few bucks and then take it to a gunsmith to get the "faulty" trigger fixed so that he could shoot it.

Actually, I think you stand a far better chance of recovering these specialized guns than if they had been "ordinary" shotguns.

Easystreet

14. SF SGM

SF SGM Member

Thanks for all the tips on getting my guns back. Yesterday I made the rounds on my side of town to the gun shops, pawn shops, etc. All of the owners I talked to had the same reply, "Krieghoff, that will turn the light on".

Will get to the other side of town and pass on my info. We are fortunate here in Jacksonville, that we really don't have that many gun shops and only a few pawn shops that have an FFL.

Thanks again for the help!

Van

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.