1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap Guns I have owned and how they shot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Feb 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I started out shooting a new 1100 Trap purchased at Smith Bros. Hdw downtown Columbus. Proceeded to a solid rib model 12 and a Remington 870TC all shot very well for me and I installed my own release trigger a copy of Herb Orre release pull and never went back to a pull trigger, then to Beretta 303 32" bbl and bought Bbls at the grand from Beretta a $100 a pop, then a 3200 w/32"bbls bottom Bbl shot higher so that is what I shot, Factory Trap Model 12,
    Then a Model 12 factory engraved Pigeon I bought at Jaquas at the grand, only owned a few steps from Jaquas as a guy offered me more than I paid for it, it was a new one w/o box or papers, then owned a Few Ljutics over 15 of them over time,The ljutic Hdcp one of 25 I shot very well, and then I had to have Ljutic #1 Serial number Centenial w/different style trigger assy stainless, then several Silver Seitz's I did shoot the Seitz w/2 1/2 rib fixed choke .033 w/soft touch stock the best in handicap, wish I had it back, owned 5 of them,
    I owned a Mach One but they would not work on it as they said it was a butchered job, owner told me that they were the only ones that worked on it, but it went down the pike, I owned 3 MX-2000s, 5 MX-15s, 5 Caesar Guerini's 3 were combos,Franchi 530 Auto one of the first when they came out w/first release trigger, choke tubes held in w/2 allen screws, broke a lot of 50s in Calcuttas with it, no problems with it,sent it down the pike also, Owned several Alfermans and SZilver Dollar Specials all w/release triggers and a very good gun that I shot good scores with, they are tanks like Ljutics and Silver Seitz,Several K-80s but triggers were issues different sets on releases,and POI changed as Bbl heated up on the un-single. Bt-99s, BT-99pluses
    won the handicap in Las Vegas w/32" stainless. The best BT-99 Stainless I shot w/a Moneymaker rib and release trigger is owned by Burlie Wilson and he won't sell it. says it is the best shooting gun he has ever owned. I told Burlie I used to own it and had it built.I even owned some Frigon's, and the early 32" single Bbl trap guns by Charles Daly, and the SKB Combo 85TSS w/ a very bad release trigger installed by the butcher in Louisiana that SKB was kind enough to give me trigger parts he messed up free so I could get rid of it.I will say the guns that I feel are the best are Ljutic, Perazzi, Silver Seitz, Ceasar Guerini, Alferman, Kolar, they seem to just go on and on w/o problems.
    Am presently waiting on a rib from Poly Ckoke to put on m,y Rem 11-87 which I have built up the stock w/bondo for correct sight picture, w steel release trigger from Tomney.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Gary:
    I read the above, and I believe most trap shooters would have similar stories. Maybe not with the purchasing of as many high end guns as you, but in the ever lasting attempt to find the magic wand. There is a common thread among all us trap shooters, we are always looking for that extra target.
    Take care,
    Steve Balistreri

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Soooo not to be rude but what is the point that you are trying to make? Bulge.

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Mike... NOt rude, just out of the loop. Gary's loop.

5. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

No disrespect to Gary, but his nick name is Dr. Longwind. Now you know.

6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Lack of proper punctuation and line/paragraph breaks makes that extremely difficult to read. I gave up after the first "sentence".

7. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

What an insight into the inner mind of a doctor longshot.

8. motowheelguy

motowheelguy TS Member

I have not owned as many guns as the Doctor....but for some reason all my guns shoot lights out. Just lucky I guess?

Trapguns, 870...BT99...TM1...MX3SP.....MX8...MX8...see a pattern here?

Aaron Holguin

9. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

870 TA, Browning ST-100, 870 Comp., Ljutic 73....shot them all well, but the Ljutic and the ST are my tournement guns for the last 28 years...

10. 870

870 Well-Known Member

I guess I've missed out on alot of fun compared to LS. I've never sold or traded a gun and still shoot the same gun I got almost 40 years ago most of the time. Flinch w/ a release may kill that going forward though.

11. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

I have tried & borrowed many different models (from friends) always go back to my Mod.31 TC. about 35+ yrs. Really haven't looked at any very seriously, but enjoy looking. (same with pretty ladies, like to look, been married to the same one for 50 yrs.) Ross Puls

12. glenns

glenns Member

Dr. Longshot - how could you have possibley gone through that many guns?

Do you have any for sale?

13. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

I have only had three...Beretta A303 Trap Special, BT-99MAX and my current BT-100. I just got back from shooting 125 rounds after changing my choke from the Carlson full to the Carlson IM. All I can say is I smoked those targets tonight far more than with the Full. It seems the gun and my loads like the IM.

Bryan

14. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Another GB ego thread.

Don

15. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

This is amusing as in many of his earlier threads, he explained why he did not shoot much registered as he could not afford it!? It is now clear why he cannot afford it! Tom Rhoads

16. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Does the doctor have any appointments available for this week? I am not feeling well.

17. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Right now I have a mental picture of Dr. Longshot sitting with a guitar and red/gray braided ponytails and scruffy beard singing Willie Nelsons "Of all the girls I loved Before" ...somebody get me a shot of JD on the rocks and a crying towel...hehehe

18. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

I personally have owned a vey nice pigeon grade h & r 410 that i personally installed a 6 inch rib made from chunk of red oak. Seems to shoot alittle high when it rains as the wood rib moves with the weather change. Had a double release trigger built by me and my drunk friend in my garage on a saturday night (yes i know hard to believe i have a friend). Have had many offers from collectors but i refuse to sell it. Shoots about 30 inches high at 100 yards but need alittle more. Thinkon about puttin a shim under the rib as soon as i can afford a bottle of elmers. Will update everyone on my progrees. Also lookin for my next gun a 29ga h & r with a 40 inch barrel that i personally will install choke tubes with my drunk friend and make a set of double barrels so i can shoot doubles and my 40 yard back ups.
    Chris aka Dr Teet

19. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

How much for the 40 incher. I want it before Longsh?t gets it.

Don

20. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

Don, I hate to part with it but may make a trade for something u have that may shoot 400% high at 16 yards.
    Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.