1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

trap gun

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by start1, Jul 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. start1

start1 TS Member

i saw a trap gun today i need advice on ID. the gun has been reblued and has replacement wood. outside appearance resembles an ithaca single barrel trap gun. it has a greener type bolt ( a round rod ) that locks into two barrel extensions that fit in two slots in the rear of the breech face. the slots are open at the top of the breech face. the left barrel extension is not a full circle/hole, not as long as the right extension. the right barrel extension is a full circle hole. the top latch lever must be held open to close the gun. this may be a defect but i did not see anything that would hold the latch lever open when the gun is unbreeched. tha gun also has an under barrel lock-------- a sliding bolt. the barrel apprears to be fitted into a monoblock and has a vent rib and is appox 32 - 34 inches. there is some "engraving" on the outside receiver ---a scene of a trap field. can't remember the other side. " made in usa " on the side of the receiver is the only markings found on this gun. it looks like an ithaca on the outside but the lock mechanism does not fit the parts blow up i have looked over as the ithaca does not have a below barrel lock bolt like this gun. if you have an ideal what make this gun might be make a post. thank you.

2. start1

start1 TS Member

-----------

3. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

A picture is worth a thousand words....John

4. reb87

reb87 TS Member

I agree with otnot, It is probably an early Ithaca SBT. In my pic the bottom gun is a very early (circa 1915)Flues with no external crossbolt and the top gun is probably what you are looking at a post 1915 Flues with greener type crossbolt.

5. reb87

reb87 TS Member

The earlier guns have much nice engraving.

6. reb87

reb87 TS Member

more

7. reb87

reb87 TS Member

In the first set of pics you can see the button in the watertable that pops up when the gun is opened to hold the toplever in the open position.

8. reb87

reb87 TS Member

I dont think you would be able to find parts for the gun. If it is cheap, I would be interested in it for parts myself. Most of these SBT guns really got used. The Flues is not as strong as the later Knick guns (after 400000)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.