1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap gun retailer in Houston ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hammer1, May 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

Who are the trap gun retailers in the Houston area worth a visit ?

2. hera200

hera200 Member

I hope someone comes up with an answer because I've been wondering the same thing for a while now???? BUD

3. Hilltop

Hilltop Member

Take the time to see DOUG GRAY in Amarillo he is great to deal with....

Al Brackett
    Michigan

4. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

Able Ammo is 50 miles north they sell guns and everything else. Briley is in Houston.

5. johnpe

johnpe Member

I don't know of any really bonafide "trap gun retailers" in Houston. Collectors Firearms probably has the best selection of older used models and may have one or two new ones. All of the other dealers occasionally get in a good gun or two. An example is Fountain Firearms. There are others. If you are looking for a good, new BT99, go to Gander Mountain near Hwys 59 and 99. I haven't been there for about six months, but they still had some they opened their doors with. Trapshooting is not big in Houston like it once was, but the ones that shoot regularly, do so with a passion!! I suggest you go shoot at the Metropolitan Gun Club which is now located south of town and off of Hwy. 288 near Angleton. That is the only place in or around Houston that really shoots trap. The regulars can probably point you to a good place or two and may have a safe queen they would let go.

Johnpe

6. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Try Brileys. They sell new and used.

7. Bwana64

Bwana64 Member

What are you looking for? I might have it in my safe or steer you in the right direction. I might also want to shoot, because almost nobody in Houston shoots trap.

8. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

Why isn't trap shooting big in Houston ?

9. Bwana64

Bwana64 Member

I don't know why. It just isn't anymore. It was long ago. Houston is home to some of the world's best sporting clay shooters though, like Bobby Fowler. Greater Houston Gun Club used to be skeet and trap. Now it is primarily sporting.

10. mbm5770

mbm5770 Member

Look around find what you want then call Tracy at Hi-grade www.higradeshooters.com and she'll fix you up. No tax. There great to deal with.

Bryan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.