1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap gun prices after the Grand ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hammer1, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

After the Grand is over each year...

Do trap gun prices go up because of the excitement and interest that the Grand builds ?

Or do trap gun prices go down because it is viewed that the season is over until next spring ?

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Who said the season is over after the Grand? Plenty of shooting left before Winter even comes. A good deal of the Grand attendees will be heading North East to the Cardinal Center. I try and register half my Grand target requirements before winter.

As for as Gun prices, I think the end of the Grand has little affect. Aside from any "Grand Specials" there is still plenty of gun buying/selling to be done.

3. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

I have to agree with Matt that the Grand has little effect on gun prices. However, I believe that many shooters, if they are wanting to switch guns, will wait until the new target year and either trade at the time of the purchase or sell their old gun shortly thereafter. Late fall/early winter could provide a better than average chance to pick up a good value on a trap gun. JMO

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I always found that the last day of the Grand back when it was in Vandalia was the best time to strike a deal ... I don't have any idea about in Sparta, but can't imagine that would of changed much if sales are slow all week and they don't want to take them back with them ... I bought 3 guns all on the day before the Grand concluded and got a deal you couldn't get all week ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. plaw

plaw Active Member

I plan on shootin lots of targets in sept.& oct. before the snow flies. Then I set down for a long winter of reloading.as for as prices of guns I don't see a big change on the name brands.