1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap Gun Help!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blades, Jul 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blades

blades TS Member

Looking for some good advice on guns. Last year I bought a 12ga. Browning Gold Golden Clays for my sporting clays shooting. I got about 50 shots fired through the gun before the stock started to split, and the action started jamming the 2nd shell. So, I took the gun back to the dealer, got it sent away to Browning, waited 10 MONTHS!! for them to put a new piece of wood on and to figure out the action problem. Got the gun back this spring, shot a grand total of 5 shells before it jammed again. Browning did absolutely ZERO to solve the problem. And I'm sure some people may think it's somehow my fault, but I've owned a different Browning Gold shotgun for 10 years, shot every type of shell through it, in every different environment, never had a problem with it, I know how they work and how to clean them.
    Anyway, I'm now at the point where the gun dealer has said he'll take the gun back and get me in whatever I want. And what I want now... is a trap gun. So, does anyone know any guns worth getting for trap that run about the same price range as a Browning Golden Clays?

2. wdr-NY

wdr-NY TS Member

Well... that really depends. If you're talking standards golden clays sporting with invector chokes, then you're looking at 1200 to 1400 in value. If we're assuming that much, then you could get into an 1100 with adjustable comb, removable chokes and trap high rib for less than that price. There's the Beretta A301 and 303s.

You can buy an unsingle high rib rottweil for that price or rottweil o/u.

I mean, your choices are limited but you do have choices.... of course, everyone has their opinions. I suggest you look at what the dealer has available, get one fitted and put a hundred rounds through it and find something that fits and works for you.

Walker

3. blades

blades TS Member

Right on sarge. A Kolar or Krieghoff would be ideal, but you said it, gotta wait for the funds. I like the look of the Beretta 391 Teknys Gold Trap, but i've heard some rumors about poor quality ribs on those guns, is this true?

4. st8shuter

st8shuter TS Member

buy a used perazzi or krieghoff

5. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

I have a Beretta 391 Gold Silversides that has a 30 inch barrel with a Money Maker high Rib and an Optima full choke. It also has the Beretta trap stock that has the adjustable comb and recoil absorber done by Scott Hyde of HPI recoil systems. This set up allows the whole gun to recoil under the comb so that there is no cheek slap whatsoever. PM me if you are interested. JM

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

My two cents is often worth less, but sarge makes sense with his cents

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.