1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap gun gunsmith SE PA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jack L. Smith, Feb 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack L. Smith

Jack L. Smith Member

HI, does anybody know a competent trap gunsmith in SE PA ? I am thinking of modifying the forcing cone on a Winchester 101 Diamond Grade. I also need them to look at the Edwards reducer I had put in. Any comments on either subject would be appeciated, thanks. I am getting back into Trap again after (almost) raising a family and seek to make the gun more comfortable to shoot a lot, as I have some baseball pitching knots on my shoulder.

Thanks !!

Jack

2. MAL-53

MAL-53 Member

Jack, let us know if the forcing mods. work out thanks, Mark

3. Jack L. Smith

Jack L. Smith Member

Dear BrownsT100, thanks, do you have any contact information on Allem's Thanks, address or Phone #?

jack

4. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

ALLEM'S GUNCRAFT INC.
    7937 SIGMUND RD.
    ZIONSVILLE, PA 18092
    215-679-9016

I wanted to have a BT-99 Plus Pigeon gone over (adj. rib & recoil adj.) and a release trigger put back to pull triger so that I could use the gun and the guy wasn't interested and helping me not one iota. I must not have fit the bill to his normal type of clientele. His loss, I ain't been back since.

Better luck to you, there's the info to where he is.

5. Jack L. Smith

Jack L. Smith Member

HI Vern, my gun is a 101, too. Although I can't say if it is a Diamond or Pigeon grade. How can I tell the difference? Buy the way I found Allems site and I am planning to get there this week, thanks. He actually put in my original recoil reduce but after 4 kids I forget all that.

Have you had any extra work done on your 101 that I should or shouldn't consider ?

Jack

6. MAL-53

MAL-53 Member

Jack, On the Wincester Diamond Grade line of shotguns,the receivers were silver or "nitride" color, also the first two figures in the serial number were DG, It also is inscribed with the words Diamond Grade on the bottom of the reciever, also has a black diamond on the top & bottom of the stock grip and a diamond engraved on both sides of the reciever a very pretty gun and a lot of gun for the money at the time.
    The Pigeon Grade guns had different engraving and had a small pigeon on the bottom of the receiver also nitride color, when I get some time I`ll shoot some photos of my DG to ya, hope this helps Mark L.

7. Jack L. Smith

Jack L. Smith Member

Thanks Vern & MAL53 - yes I checked and see the bird under my reciever! Also, my s/n starts with P. It's amazing what I can forget. I can't wait to get up to Allems. As I may have said, he worked on my gun when he was first starting out, & his workmanship them was superb! Thanks again for the guidence.

jack

8. MAL-53

MAL-53 Member

Anytime, and let us know how you made out. ML

9. Pat McKean

Pat McKean Active Member

Allem's lengthened the forcing cones in my Browning XT and did a wonderful job. I also had them make my stock into an adjustable one. The gun is turning out to be a good doubles gun now!

I recommend them highly.

Pat

10. Jack L. Smith

Jack L. Smith Member

Update- you readers wanted some feed back on Allems and it is all good. They are in Zionsville PA. After my 25 year memory loss, this web site helped me remember that John Allem had done work for me years ago. This time around he changed out and updated an in-stock recoil reducer and lengthened the forcing cone to 2.5". All work done On Time & politely !

After yesterday's shoot, I would say the felt recoil was reduced by 30/40%. I was very pleased by Allem's and can't imagine having anyone else in SE PA working on my trap gun - they 'live trapshooting' and have the set up to back it up. His facility (top & bottom) is clean and well run. Allem's website posts good service information and prices that he stands by.

Jack

11. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Allem's has done work on my wife's Silver Pigeon...and like you stated, excellent work, on time and priced as quoted.

Curt

12. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

As previously stated; Alem's do a great job. I had their roller release installed in my Beretta 682, it is working great.

I added their web site, mash on the URL above and check them out.

Frank

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

gunsmith in se pa