1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap Gun Cases-Americase-Warwick & others

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Jan 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

What gun case do you prefer for transporting your expensive guns in your car or on the airline.

Which case is less likely to open?

Which case has the best locking mechanism?

Which case offers the in the case protection?

Which case has the best locking and protection mechanism.

Which case has the ability to store necessary items like lube, cloths, wrenches, + items that I missed?

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. David McMillen

David McMillen Well-Known Member

For airline handling protection,Americase is only one that I have experienced.

3. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Americase for me! I've got 6 of them, England, France, Spain and all over USA. Never a problem! They usually come back with a new scuff mark, but the guns are safe!

4. AAtrap12ga

AAtrap12ga Member

The airline punctured a small dime sized hole the first time and a fist sized hole a subsequent time in the side of my son's Americase. I’ll get it repaired since it was for his state handicap championship win but will never use it for air travel again. I recommend a Pelican case for traveling with a firearm. Almost indestructible.

Steve Szczechura

Pelham, NH

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Americase, had a John Hall some years ago and it was a great case for travel also ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

Doug Hubbard makes a better case than Americase for less money. For air travel you better stick with an all aluminum welded case.

7. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Americase

8. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

Ziegel is absolutely nuke proof. They will also make anything you want for a reasonable price and their standard cases are the strongest things I've ever seen. How about a 450 Lott to S Africa and back without even losing zero? Hawaii and back a couple times and all over a bunch?

I wouldn't even consider any other case - they're the best period.

And not JMO - everyone I've turned onto them thinks the same.

9. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

For the car I have and continue to use a pair of Browning 1015 BT99 cases modified to fit all my guns - SBT or O/U. For air I use the Browning Travel Vault - Pelican Case; takedown version with wheels...

Jay

10. Cazadore

Cazadore Member

Our son and daughter in law fly extensively with USA Shooting and the AMU. For extensive airline travel - Browning or Pelican Travel Vault are it. Water tight seal, air valve and nearly indestructible by baggage handlers - even hateful gun haters. Nothing compares. Kalispell case is # 2 then Americase due to construction IMO. Down side of the Travel Vault is size, weight and it can be a bear to open - rarely fails though.

For the car something lighter and easy to open and get into. Americase, Browning luggage style, Warwick.

I like Tom Seitz thoughts - going to the local range put it together in your "room" and take it to the range in a soft case. Return to your "room" and take it down and clean etc. Controlled environment - no dust, grit rain or parts under the car.

DGG

11. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Americase

12. Nutso

Nutso Member

Nasco is the best case, but they don't make them anymore, so Americase is best.

13. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Have traveled the world with shotguns and rifles with many difference cases. In my opinion the finest case on the market to protect your gun is the Pelican case. The weight factor and well as the protection is excellent. Military used Pelican cases during Irag and Afganistan to protect their weapons Keeps out sand and moisture. Also, many companies who transport delicate instruments use the Pelican case.

Just my opinion!.

14. Eric XT

Eric XT TS Member

I just ordered a Pelican 1700 case so I can fly with my gun. I got it for $164.95 shipped from http://www.bhphotovideo.com/ I was buying an Americase till I tested out a smaller Pelican case by putting an egg in it and throwing it down the stairs to the basement hitting the cement floor and jumping on it (I'm not a small person) and the egg came out unharmed. I will also try to run over my small Pelican case with a few eggs in it with my F-350 work truck loaded it weights in at 12,000 pounds.

15. late bloomer

late bloomer TS Member

Is there a good break-down soft sided gun case for home to the trap range?

Terry Sandlin

16. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Pelican makes a soft case insert that can be used in lieu of the foam. I have seen people use it by itself from home to range. John Hall case has always been my favorite from home to local range. Not good for airline travel.

17. Eric XT

Eric XT TS Member

late bloomer

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/search_catalog_command.cmd?fromProductSearch=true&item1=xn%2022-4027 and it's only $53

18. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

If the knuckle draggin' baggage handlers are going to be handling my trap guns they'll be riding in a Pelican case. The only thing they won't warrant it against is a shark attack. Everything else is covered. (I own 2)

Americase would be my second choice. (I have 3)

19. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I bought a Silver Seitz and it is in a Warick case, but the gun does not fit properly, the comb is too high for the reciever compartment, and it really is not thick enough, and the accessories compartment is too thin also.

I would like to see a picture of the pelican case and price,an Americase is about $250, what about the Perazzi Silver colored case and will a 35" Bbl fit in the Pelican and Perazzi case, what is price of Perazzi Case?

I have not had any problem w/Americases in the past.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Trapshooting

Love it

Live it

Shoot it

20. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

If you can find one, the Negrini cases, are great for transporting from home to the club. They make cases for Perazzi and others but have no US distributors. MIA has been ordering a few and selling them here from time to time. I got one from him and like it - lighter than my Americase or my Warwick case.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

who makes a better case than americase