1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap Gun by Three Barrel Gun Company

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Tom @ Athens, Jan 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom @ Athens

Tom @ Athens Member

My trap shooting buddy owes me some money and wants me to take this old single barrel instead of cash. It is made by the Three barrel Gun Company of Wheeling West Virginia. He says it is a C grade with 32' ribbed barrel.The gun has no blueing left it is mostly brown. Someone has added a vented recoil pad. I don't think it would be safe to shoot. Does anyone know if it has any value.(no guesses please) I may have to take, he works for a automobile plant supplier. My friends said this forum was the place to find out about trap guns.
    Thanks, Tom Dulin

2. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Read the threads about the 1187 and the K80 blowing up and that will probably answer your question!

3. Tom @ Athens

Tom @ Athens Member

This gun is not being shot. I've read everything on the net. Also was sent copy of info in Frank Conley book. I need value info from someome who has seen them sell.
    Tom

4. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

The company in question made good quality drillings, one of about the only American companies that did so. A drilling from them is quite valuable but I've not seen a trap gun. Is the barrel damascus? The added pad would hurt a lot on a vintage gun. I'll do some research.

5. Tom @ Athens

Tom @ Athens Member

The barrel is krupp fluid steel designed for smokeless powder.

6. hdskip

hdskip Member

There was an article about the Three Barrel Gun Company in a recent Double Gun Journal.
    Gary

7. Tom @ Athens

Tom @ Athens Member

Do you remember which issue?

8. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

This is a very rare trap gun. Only 181 were made between 1908 and 1910. It is pictured in The American Single Barrel Trap Gun book by Frank Conley on page 201, 202 and 203 and mentioned on page 200. HMB

9. Inspector 12

Inspector 12 TS Member

I have a friend that owns one and was shooting it frequently. He has not been active at the trap club lately so not sure if he is still shooting it out not. He never had any problems.

10. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Tom, Do you have a phone no. would like to talk to you.

11. Tom @ Athens

Tom @ Athens Member

Hi; My phone # is 859-338-4815
    Tom Dulin

12. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I bought a old shotgun, I thought it was rusty, apparently it was a brown type of blueing??? Thank god it was a cheap gun.

13. Tom @ Athens

Tom @ Athens Member

The gun I have was case hardened receiver with blue barrel. It's all brown now.
    Tom

14. BILL GRILL

Tom, Do not know if you are still up but I just got home will call sat am.
    Bill

15. Tom @ Athens

Tom @ Athens Member

To; Bill Grill. The Ithaca Victory model we talked about is serial # V290991. It has a 34" vent rib barrel.Original chamber length was 2 5/8",Bore .726 , choke .697 . Enjoyed the phone call. Tom

16. Tom @ Athens

Tom @ Athens Member

Does anyone else own one of these Three Barrel Gun Co Trap Guns? Tom

17. Tom @ Athens

Tom @ Athens Member

Trying to stay together.

18. BILL GRILL

Tom, Your victory grade is a flues model and was made in 1918. Ithaca only advertised the victory grade with 32" barrel so the 34" is a rarer gun.
    Bill

19. clb

clb TS Member

Tom,

I really can't give you an estimate on what it would sell for. You would have to find someone interested in it and it will sell for what he wants to pay for it. I had one years ago that I inherited from my grandfather. It was a C grade with a 30" barrel but it was literally falling apart. I contacted Frank Conley, sent the gun to him because he had never seen a C grade and wanted to take pictures of it in case he ever updated his book. Frank recommended Maurice Mudges, a gunsmith in NY state who could restore it. I did so and when I got it back, we shot a few shells through it and I then donated it to the Trapshooting Hall of Fame Museum. This was probably in the late 80's. I donated it with the stipulation that they display it, which of course they never did. I visited the gun at the HOF museum at the last Grand held in Vandalia.
    [​IMG]

20. Tom @ Athens

Tom @ Athens Member

To; ChuckieB; Please contact me I need address, number, etc, for Maurice Mudges. Also need to ask you some questions about your gun.
    tdnathens@aol.com or 859-338-4815
    Thanks; Tom Dulin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
3 barrel gun company
3 barrel gun company trap gun

3 barrel gun wheeling

frank connelly american single barrel trap
the three barrel gun company wheeling wv

three barrel gun company

three barrel gun company trap