1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap & Field versus Trapshooting USA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Big Dog Dad, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Dog Dad

Big Dog Dad Active Member

I am a subscriber to Trap & Field and just finished reading the Feb 2011 issue. It took about 60 seconds to read anything of any matter. If there was a more lackluster, non-informative issue ever, I'd be surprised. I live in southwest PA and don't really care who took 617th place in a shoot three months ago in Moose Droppings, Montana. I realize that it supports the ATA, but any more I'm not sure I agree with what they did in the recent past. Moving the Grand to one of the most unfriendly gun states (a state that also yielded the commie crap that's running the country) made no sense.

I started reading Trapshooting USA online and am amazed at the difference in articles. Imagine reading articles on the actual sport of trapshooting. I'm ready to subscribe and will let my subscription to T&F expire.

Mike

2. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Trap and Field is headed the way of Shotgun Sports-nothing of importance!!

3. Stumpi24

Stumpi24 Member

wow, we have got to get to spring and get some of you guys outside. Stan

4. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

Trap & Field: Think of it like the obituaries, you don’t have to pay to see your name in print…… Too read it: you pay!!!!!!! Grubby

ps just wish they would change the way they list shoots, say by states, I too don't care if Moose Droppings, Montana is having a shoot, you have to look at every date only to wonder where East Haystack Rod & Gun & Beer Club is at... I want to see what is going on in near by states... It's better to use ATA web site...

5. tbone0813

tbone0813 TS Member

I love TrapshootingUSA. Probably one of the highest class magazines I have ever read. The articles are informative and easy to read. They cover the major shoots and also have some interesting non shoot articles as well. The latest issue had a really informative article on reclaimed shot. I only wish it was monthly.

6. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

"I realize that it supports the ATA, but any more I'm not sure I agree with what they did in the recent past. Moving the Grand to one of the most unfriendly gun states (a state that also yielded the commie crap that's running the country) made no sense."

I am not sure I understand what you are trying to say with these statements. No matter what you think about Trap&field they have nothing to do with where the Grand is held. They simply report shoot score and other data.

I am not a big fan of T&F but it is for different reasons which do not apply to this thread as it is offered at this time.

Bob Lawless

7. indycamster

indycamster Member

By pure chance I happen to have both T&F and TSUSA issues regarding the Grand American open on my desk. The contrast is remarkable. T&F reads like a police blotter, complete with mug shots, TSUSA had nice photos, very interesting information on each shooter profiled, including information on the gun they use, shells, shot size, chokes, barrel work, career and family.
    Not sure what kind of support T&F gets from its parent company. It is the same company that owns The Saturday Evening Post. TSUSA is owned by a multinational conglomerate. I am sure that makes a huge difference in final product.

8. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Both of 'em are just full of shoot reports and ads of interest to very few people at any one time. Neither is worth the price of the paper they use up.

MK

9. geeber

geeber Member

Sometimes T&F will have an article by Frank Hoppe or Phil Kiner or both. I enjoy those. I moved down by the Silver Dollar in 2001 from Ohio and enjoy looking at the results from the shoots back home. Trapshooting USA has more of the technical articles plus gun tests, wad comparisons and many more interesting topics. Like tbone0813 said, I also wish it came monthly as long as the quality didn't suffer.
    Gary B.

10. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Where's "Moose Droppings, Montana"??

John C. Saubak

Peerless, MT

11. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

With no Moose Dropping Festival, will Talkeetna have a quiet July 10?
    by Sue Deyoe

The Talkeetna Historical Society cancelled Moose Dropping Festival 2010 last fall after a raucous festival and a death in the river. It leaves people wondering what might happen to the economy this year with no festival. Nothing is planned in Talkeetna July 10th, and many are satisfied with that.

12. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I prefer my T&A magazine that arrives each month.

(It keeps me up to date on where the T&A fuel stations are...what were you thinking?)

13. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

This must be the time for the bashing of T & F and singing the praises of the foreign rag. The Big Dog must not be a trapshooter or he would have found several articles he could have read in T&F many in how to improve his shooting and then maybe he might get his name in there also. The BD must not care about the various All American teams in Trapshooting which is a major accomplishment to many.

By the way is reclaimed shot larger or smaller then regular shot. How exciting can a article be on wads, if you can't figure out what wad to use when reloading without reading an article you have a major problem.

Just got back from the Dixie never saw a rep for the foreign rag they must have great plans for reporting on that one. The fact that they only publish every other month must really make their news and shoot reports really current.

Big Dog I suggest that until you know what you are talking about you should bark less.

Bottom line if you don't like T & F why don't you just shut the hell up and cancel.

Don

14. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

Wow CONGRADS Big Dog, you finally got the BIGDON DUMMY mad, you made my day… Grubby

15. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

BIGDON's too easy. You've gotta set your sights higher-like ivanhoe!!

16. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Trapshooting USA is the only way to go. I also get T&F but like you said 60 seconds and your done.

17. Big Dog Dad

Big Dog Dad Active Member

Part of my 60 second read of T&F was the eyeball article by Frank Hoppe. Very well written but again simply a rehash of something that's been in the mag a hundred times previously. I am glad that I managed to piss off at least one opinionated clown. Let's see if I can set my sights higher and explain the "commie crap" to those with their heads in the clouds while they sing the national anthem!

Mike

18. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

TSUSA is a very nice magazine. HMB

19. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

Big Dog,
    If you are reading your February copy I am jealous. If this month is like last month I will not see my copy for two more weeks. The pealty I pay for living in the Seattle area. January was the first issue of Trap and Field that I received, and I tend to agree. I was disappointed, however if I was one of the people that had made one of the all american teams I would be buying several issues for the relatives if my name was published. I was mildly disappointed reading Trapshooting USA when the were covering the Grand Pacific. My name was not mentioned for winning one of the Handicap events. They covered almost all of the others events though.I like my Trapshooting USA magazines, but must be fair to Trap and Field since I have only received one issue so far.BIGDON I did not see Trap and Field at the Grand Pacific, but Trapshooting USA was there. I am jealous of you folks that live back in the middle of the United States. You guys have a lot more options for places to shoot and events for registered targets than we do here in Washington.As far as dhooting is concerned I would love to live in Ohio, Illinois, or Missouri. From What I readd in Trapshooting USA and on this site ther eare an incredable amount of places to shoot registered targets. Some day I want to go shoot at the Grand American, and I would like to shoot at Vandalia and the Missouri state shoot. Now all I can do is wait for retirement and hope that when I do retire I can aford to come back there.
    Jim Bradbury

20. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

Moose Droppings is a great place to shoot, one of my favorites.

BB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ohio state shoot 2001 trap and field issue

trapshooter jacque snellenberger