1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap Field Specs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DBSkeet, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DBSkeet

DBSkeet Member

We have a small 2 field skeet field that we are considering adding a trap field to one of the existing fields. I am looking for a source for field details such as field layout and especially plans or specs for the "bunker" that the trap would go in. Also any thoughts on what would be a good trap. We dont need every bell and whistle but we are willing to spend money up front so as to not have any problems latter.

Thanks

Dan Berry

2. Tim Earney

Tim Earney Member

We built a new trap field last year and a local pre fab concrete business that builds septic tanks made a house for us that is 8'x8' and 7' high with a concrete roof and it is waterproof, easy to secure with a drop down steel door, about perfect. There is a diagram for a trap field on the ATA web sight.

3. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

4. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

We have one house that you walk down into and load without bending over. Very nice, but we couldn't keep it within specs for registered shooting. Another nearby club has one with a sliding roof, another good idea. Bill

5. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

PAT TRAP and a Voice release. The wireless model is being seen at more and more clubs. The voice release will pay for itself in no time, as no one has to wait around for a puller. Unless a club member plans on sitting in the chair all day.

A pop up or sliding roof, sure saves the back and eases loading the house and topping off the machine.

6. DBSkeet

DBSkeet Member

Thanks for the input guys. I am kind of doing a feasibility study right now. We have a few members that are interested in shooting trap instead of skeet and are willing to put their money where their mouth is. I shoot trap from time to time at some local clubs and I noticed that when helping them load the traps some of the trap houses are very cramped or awkward to move around in. I have a great concrete guy that can build the house. I just need to give him a sketch so he knows what to do. I like the pop up or removable roof idea.

Thanks again.

Dan Berry

7. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Consider a walk-in trap house design... similar to an entrance into a storm cellar...

Jay

8. James344

James344 Active Member

The ATA rule book has all the specs and a couple of drawings of a trap field in it. Try there.

9. DBSkeet

DBSkeet Member

Thanks for the input.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
ata field diagram
ata trap field layout
ata trap field layout dimensions

ata trap field specifications

ata trap house specifications
how to paint ata trap field layout