1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap field lighting help

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Pat D, Sep 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pat  D

Pat D TS Member

Hello all,
    I'd like some input and recommendations of installing lights for a trap field. I am proposing to use (4) 1500 watt metal halide fixtures, and got that information from the ATA. My local supplier use Daybrite lighting fixtures. Could I here from people who have installed them and how every thing came out. There are several beam patterns to chose from so I'm wondering what you choose. Any input who be appreciated.

Thank you,
    Pat

2. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Take your ATA layout to an Electrician who can varify the layout thru the supplier or a competitor supplier. Manufacturer Reps are the only real experts that can help you. It is specialized lighting, and few if any experts are out there. Ask a pro for help. Got a good electricain at the club or neighboring club???

3. 9point3

9point3 Well-Known Member

go to the above website, they can light anything

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

At Markham Park in S. Florida the county is in the process of replacing all the older Musco lights with newer brighter more efficent Musco units. Musco is just about the best there is. A tour through their website will give more information.

Eric

5. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

At Markham Park in S. Florida the county is in the process of replacing all the older Musco lights with newer brighter more efficent Musco units. Musco is just about the best there is. A tour through their website will give more information.

Eric

6. Ceil

Ceil Member

Pat
    I have done exactly what you are trying to do. I used two 1500 watt metal halide fixtures that I got through Graingers. They are mounted 25' to 30' above the ground and give plenty of light for shooting summer or winter. We set them up kind of by guess by golly, but they work very well. Have fun.
    Ceil

7. blooper

blooper TS Member

Pat, I saw these on ebay (above), if you are looking for used ones

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

trap field lighting layout