1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap & Field disappointment ?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Francis Marion, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Francis Marion

Francis Marion Well-Known Member

I just paged through my new issue of Trap & Field. The cover showing the All American captains was nice.

Something struck me, however. Other than a few sentences from one of the delegates( I admit I didn't read them all) I saw NOTHING about what is going on regarding the issue of gun control right now.

I understand the magazine is about trapshooting, not politics,but let's get real.The ATA is first and foremost a SHOOTING organization.No guns, no shooting. Sometimes you have to step outside yourself and look at the big picrure.

Maybe they are trying to stay off of the radar? Maybe they are arrogant enough to think this doesn't affect them? (you may want to ask a New York trapshooter if this affects them) Maybe they aren't paying attention? In my opinion, they should have had the pictures on half the cover, and the other half should have said" JOIN THE NRA NOW !

I started thinking about this a few days before I got the magazine. I wanted to be surprised and see some stuff about the gun issue, but I didn't. I wasn't surprised either.

2. DaveChic

DaveChic TS Member

Steve:

I agree with you that gun control is an issue that we should be talking about.

In support of the delegates and other articles, though, remember that the stories in the February issue of Trap and Field had to in place before Christmas of 2012 to meet deadlines.

I am sure that the topic will be brought forth in the coming issues of Trap and Field.

Dave Cichelli, New York State Alternate Delegate

3. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Do you think trapshootes aren't aware of what's going on. Personally I think
    T & F tries to stay out of politics. Which is fine with me. If you belong to the NRA you get will info from every direction and on every cover.

Don

4. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Based upon some of the things I read on this site that are posted by gun owners, I don't think we can be exposed to too much anti-gun education.

Ed

5. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

RE: Based upon some of the things

Agree. When they passed a law in NY that requires a background check for a single box of ammo, they DIDN'T exempt shotgun ammo!

6. RLC323

RLC323 Member

Back in the '70's Vic Reinders had a column in T&F and he never minced words about the gun contol issues of the time.

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    You'd think Fudd & Field would also realize that some states are looking at banning all but face-to-face sales of ammo. No more drop shipments of flats.

8. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I suspect that T&F went to press long before the incident that started this whole thing. Haven't you noticed that none of the gun rags have mentioned the current state of chaos yet?

Bob

9. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

straighshooter1,

Don't you get American Rifleman ot American Hunter??

They both have it in them.

10. shotgunjerry

shotgunjerry Active Member

Really makes sense to stay out of politics and let the politicians have their way, like gun bans and registration, WAKE UP!!! and that means alot of my fellow trap shooters too.--------- Jerry

11. straightshooter1

I get American Rifleman, but the last one I got had nothing in it about the shootings or the latest attempt to ban/restrict any guns. What month are you referring to?

Bob

12. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

I think trap and field does a great job. If they covered all of the gun bans,bills,and all the political crap the magazine would have no room for anything else. It probably wouldnt fit in your mail box.

13. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
  14. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

I thought Field and Stream was interviewing Biden.

15. straightshooter1

Brian, your link says it's Field & Stream, not Trap and Field. Two different, very different, magazines.

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.