1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap field conrete revisited - Need help

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by DTrykow, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Hi everyone: Getting ready to Demo our old field and pour all new. But according to our measurements our field is 8"'s lower than what it should be. We are measuring from where the bird sits in front of the arm to where the old concrete is currently. This advice came from a thread I posted here awhile back. Seems to me the height of the field was setup based on the pedistal height inside to trap house. Looking for a blue print, of another field, to verify all of the measurements. Both Pat-trap and ATA had no measurements.
    Thanks,
    Dave T.

2. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

I built our bases 14" below the pad height, making the bird in battery level with the pads. Close nuff!

3. MilCon

MilCon Member

Go to shooting-academy.com, hit plans button scroll down page it showes the correct layout.

Or

From top of concrete which the trap machine sits is as follows.

from top of concrete the trap sits on the field layout will be 1'2" above.

From top of 2" piece of wood that the trap is suposed to be on the field will be 1'0"

Roof on trap house as seen from shooter 2'0" to 2'8" from top of concrete pad

Roof from 2" wood on pedistal 2'2" to 2'10"

Ken

4. MilCon

MilCon Member

One other thing since you are in the process of rebuilding.

Use White Oak not red oak.

White oak will not rot nearly as fast as red.

If you are rebuilding your roof try to get white oak for the framework for the roof.

Use screws to put it together, predrill the holes.

Do not use nails as dry white oak is as hard as a rock and will bounce nails when using a hammer.

Also it will usually split when using a nail gun.

5. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

I think whats going on here is our original Winchester Trap machine's "bird in battery" was lower than where the Patraps bird sits. So our concrete stations are way lower (7"'s) than what it should be. We also have a lower ceiling height than normal so the Patrap angled up is almost hitting the roof. Dave T.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.