1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap Club Software Usage

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Wally Philipiw, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wally Philipiw

Wally Philipiw TS Member

I have always been interested whether trap clubs are using available software written specifically for electronically cashiering of local trap shoots.

If interested in replying, indicate the trap club, name of software used and whether the software satisfies your expectations.

Thanks in advance for looking.

Wally

2. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

3S shooting sports.

works for us, "if" you can find someone that will spend the time to learn it and use it.

Rickyd

3. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Downers Grove Sportsmens Club<br>
    Morris, Il.<br>
    3S - George Cooks Shooting Sports Software<br>
    Simple to use & setup - best support imaginable<br>
    Our club saved over $3500.00 in what we used to pay in cashiering fees in 2 ATA seasons.

4. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Pocatello Trap Club, Idaho.

Until these year we used ShootCompute. We had a member who knew and liked it, and did not want to change. It is no longer supported by the author, is DOS-based, and many of the options had to be done manually (Miller option, Perpetual Purses to name two). The member who ran it had some health issues last year, and between that and lack of future software support we decided to go with the 3S program this year. We had purchased it several years ago, but had never used it for a shoot.

Rather than go with a single computer as we did with the old program, we decided to go with the networked system, buying two new computers to go with an older one. We will likely buy at least one more, or perhaps two, using four for the shoot management and one for other things. The first computer is for classification, where we enter the shooter's number and get up to date ATA averages. For example, this past Saturday (March 8) we had a shoot where the ATA data was current as of February 18. At least once a month we can upload the latest ATA data. The second computer is for squadding. The 3S program is compatible with Presquad.com, by the way. The third (and fourth) computers are for entry (fees, options, etc.). After the shoot is going the program will display scores, overall and by class and category. Computing options is very easy. It generates the necessary reports for the ATA (or PITA), and I can even write the checks on the Laserjet, saving myself writer's cramp. But the best feature of the program is that I can get the author, George Cook, on his cell phone almost anytime I have a problem. I'm sure he must get frustrated with me for my lack of ability, but if so, he never shows it. Last Saturday I called him for help three times and he was available and fixed my problem almost immediately.

For a small club/small shoot I'd suggest 3S on one computer if you must, doing the classification and squadding the old fashioned way by hand, but for a big shoot there is no better choice than 3S networked.

5. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Does the 3S handle 200 target singles and doubles events? I've 'heard' that it doesn't...but haven't done the research myself.

6. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Jeff, yes it does. In the initial setup screen, one specifies an event "name", number of targets in the event, event type (S for singles, H for handicap, D for doubles), event date, etc.

Call George to get an in-depth discussion of the features. His phone numbers are on his website, link above.

7. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

We have also run 150 target doubles events without a problem.

8. Ertz

Ertz Member

I can't say enough about the 3S software. It takes care of all your needs and if you ever need support George is just a call away. Well worth the money.

If anyone needs some League software check out the link above.
    Ertz

9. Wally Philipiw

Wally Philipiw TS Member

Thank you to all who responded. Hope to receive a few more replies. Would like to hear from clubs on both coasts and central & eastern Canada...

Thaks again.

Wally

10. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

You will never regret using 3S. Nothing is better and simpler to use. It is full of features more of which I find every time I go into the program.

Tim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.