1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap Club near Lancaster PA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RonC, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RonC

RonC TS Member

Can anyone tell me the name of the closest club to Lancaster that shoots registered targets? Thanks

Ron

2. Huntin'Fool

Huntin'Fool Well-Known Member

go to the ata website and search for clubs near you

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Start with the Penna. site and I'm sure other folks will add to this info.

Curt

4. GBR

GBR Member

I believe Palmyra shoots registered targets.

5. RonC

RonC TS Member

Thanks much---Ron

6. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Quarryville has a gun club that shoots registered targets.

Rich in Indiana
    [​IMG]

7. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Call Tom Weimann at Backwoods Outfitters (717-684-2017) in Columbia, PA.

Columbia is the next town over from Lancaster. I am sure he will know all the places to shoot around Lancaster.

Tom's shop is small and great - if he doesn't have it he will get it for you - with great prices too. I would suggest that if you want/need anything give him a call a week or so before your visit - he will give you a price, and if you like it he will be sure to have it waiting when you get into town.

I was there yesterday (over an hour drive for me). Picked up a Trijicon scope and a Laser Genetics laser for a hunting trip to the UK. Saved a small fortune.

David D

8. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

Good luck with finding clubs in Lancaster County that shoot ATA. You'll find plenty of places to shoot practice but very little ATA register.

Palmyra, Southern Lancaster and Conewago located in Elizabethtown are the only three that shoot any kind of register shooting on a very limited basis.

My two favorite places to shoot in that area would by Palmyra and Columbia Fish and Game. Palmyra is probably the most ATA oriented. Columbia has good membership base and a good turn out of shooters on their Wednesday night practices.

Listed are the trap clubs that I have attended the most during the last four years I worked in Lancaster county.

Manheim Sportsman,

Conewago Rod and Gun located in Elizabethtown,

Cocalico Sportsman,

Palmyra Sportsman,

Columbia Fish and Game,

I never had the chance to shoot at Southern Lancaster. Hopefully some day I'll make it down. With working in the Lititz area the other clubs are just a little easier to drive to

Dale,

9. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

A web page named "Clay Targets on Line" has a very good directory of shotgun sports shooting clubs in the US. The page for Pennsylvania is at

http://www.claytargetsonline.com/list.php/PA

Ted K.

10. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

If all goes as planned we will be shooting registered targets, at Southern Lancaster County Farmers Sportsmen (aka Quarryville)on Tuesday nights starting April 26. Until then we will be shooting practice on Tuesdays from 1:30 to 8:30

11. Jack L. Smith

Jack L. Smith Member

New Holland GC outside New Holland 17557. They shoot big 50 on Wed mornings in Spring and after the state shoot into fall. They also run a few ATA shoots during the year. I think it is on Peters Road, east and south of the town.

JS in PA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
lancaster trap shooting clubs
trap shooting

trap shooting lancaster pa

trap shooting near lancaster pa

trapshooting in lancaster pa