1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap club between Saginaw and Goshen, Oregon?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, May 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I was surfing Google Earth the other day (abandoned rail lines and waterfalls are hobbies of mine)and found a large trap club just off of Hwy 99 north of Saginaw, Oregon. Anyone know what club this is and if it is open to the public?

2. alf174

alf174 Member

Might it be Cottage Grove-Eugene Sportsmen's Club? Its on 99 in Creswell, 12 trap fields, 2 skeet fields, etc.

3. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

Yup, alf has it. Fine facility, too.

4. ThorsDad

ThorsDad TS Member

Yes it's Cottage Grove Eugene Sportsman Club, great place to shoot trap, skeet , 5-stand and sportingclays all going on at the same time these people work hard for they're shooters . Kingbang or Bob Dodd will probally jump in and give better info . Jay

5. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Good people running the club! Great place to shoot.

They used to have a New Years shoot. A lot of us started the shooting year at this club. Never knew if you were going to shoot in the Ice and Snow or 70 degree weather but it was a fun shoot no matter what. Sorry they canceled it.

Ajax

6. Brian in Oregon

Thanks! I thought they might be affiliated with PITA, and sure enough, PITA had a link to them.

Looks like a first class club. Will have to try trap and sporting clays there. I've never shot skeet before. Will you guys not beat me up too bad if I try it?

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

If you promise not to complain about the targets not all going in the same direction.

HM

8. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Brian, don't forget to wear your Pink TuTu so you won't stand out. Mine just got back from the cleaners.LOL

Ajax

9. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Brian gave us the web page for the club. Check the calendar on the web page for a hint of activities; updates can be a little slow. Open to the public Sat/Sun 10am to 4pm and Tuesday noon to 8pm. Great kitchen open whenever the club is. Throwing registered sporting, skeet, and trap at various times, also at least one 5 stand open regularly but two are available. Office sells components and encourage membership at good price. Club can be rented for meetings, shotgun weddings, and special events. For example, we're throwing the 4th annual Sporting Clay Shootout on 18 June to the benefit of the Boy Scouts. Winter League trap, just finished 5 stand league, traveling skeet league, sporting league in spring with us and Siuslaw Sporting, and occasional club shoots with various venues activated. Know I'm just a member not an officer or board member. Thanks, Jay, for the pitch and hope to seeya soon again.....Bob Dodd

10. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

And, Jack, the idea of a NEWYEARS shoot sounds good to me. In recent years we've always thrown some turkey/meat shoot in December and a Membership shoot around Dec/Jan. I wonder when the Newyears shoot ended?? Anyway, I've suggested to those that do the planning and deciding that maybe that could be resurrected. Thanks for the idea.....Bob Dodd

11. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

I don't know why it ended Bob. The people going South for the Winter used to make that the stop on the way.

Ajax

12. Kingbang

Kingbang TS Member

I think Brian is playing with us here a bit,He's been to our club at least 3 times. Thank you all for the kind words. I will float the idae of a new years shoot to the board,im assuming you guys want it registered? We still would have Skeet 5 stand and clays open unless its just flat out nasty. So bring your pink panties boy's. We have made major investments in our club the last two years. A couple ole boys don't like what we have done.In the last 2 weeks we have been reported to the DEQ and Oregon State Dept.of Lands for lead violations and wet land issues. They've attack me personally with the Oregon State unemployment agency fraud division. Not to mention being sued by two former members a year ago. We/I have done nothing wrong. With all this? Our membership was up 4 fold last year,and climbing this year. The CGESC strives to provide all shotgunners with a quality facility,throwing quality targets from well maintained machines. If you haven't been here in the last 2 1/2 years
    Please come see us. You'll like what you see,and YOU will know we appreciate you being here.
    Again thank you all for the kind words.

Respectfully

Dennis

Managing Director

13. Brian in Oregon

I did not know there was a trap club there until I found it on Google Earth. Really. I've driven down I-5 for decades but the club is over by Hwy 99.

As for the legal woes... well, you're close enough to the liberal la la land in Eugene, so it would be unusual if someone didn't get stupid over the club.

14. Prescott Gene

Prescott Gene Member

Always liked shooting the PITA state shoot there. Good people and a nice club. That one trap with the ditch running by it could be a bit sporting, but other than that, a great club to shoot. Read about the improvements that Kingbang mentioned in the "Did someone break the 27 yard long run" thread and that made me want to go back and shoot there again. a bit of a long haul from Prescott, AZ. But you never know.

Gene

15. Kingbang

Kingbang TS Member

Gene we have lots of room for you and would love to have you come back. Brian maybe I have you confused with another Brian,The Brian I thought you was was shooting for and I thought Oregon PITA rookie of the year in 06?

LOAD UP AND LET UM FLY !!

Dennis

16. Brian in Oregon

LOL, I'm not a member of PITA, and my scores are definitely not close to being Rookie of the Year. I'm still trying to reach my first 75 straight.

17. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

So, come down and speak to Dennis in person, Brian. We have a group from Tillamook here today and several groups on the sporting venue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.