1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap camp?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by harleypilot, Sep 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harleypilot

harleypilot Member

Great idea. One week would be about all I could get away for. If it were held somewhere that my wife would enjoy spending a week, I would sign up.

Jim

2. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

I agree, the NSSA sponsors a SKEET Camp, Ralph Aarron the chief instructor is invovled. I will see Ralph next week in San Antonio and see what he thinks about a combined Trap/Skeet/Sporting camp at Sparta. Lots of stuff to keep the kids entertained.

Ronbo

3. Les Greevy

Les Greevy TS Member

Hi Phil and Jim,
    There are several trap camps for youth, primarily concentrating on the international disciplines. I run one of them. The graduates of these camps have been very successful, seven of mine shot in the World Shotgun Championships in Cyprus earlier this month. There is no reason such a trap camp could not be done for adults if there was a demand.
    If anyone has serious interest in such a camp, please feel free to e-mail me. Les

4. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Based on what some of the two-day trap clinics charge, a two-WEEK camp should run about $10,000. That would make a down-payment on a nice gun.

I'm in. :)

5. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Do we get to sing songs around the campfire at night ?

6. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Youth camp meeting during the World Skeet Championships.

I have already sent out the e-mails and will try and scheadule some time with Don Snyder, Mike Hampton Jr., Ralph Aaron, Carl Hench and Edie Reynolds (ATA Youth Programs Dir). The time and location is yet TBD chances are 1300 at the outdoor resturant.

Anyone that wants to help is welcome, drop me an e-mail and I will give you my cellular number.

Ronbo

7. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

The meeting is on the 8th of October.

Sorry forgot to add that part....

Ronbo

8. mt

mt Member

5 days long would be great for me

9. Wentez

Wentez Member

Oct 28th thru Nov 4th will be a great marathon shoot at Charlie Long's Metro Gun Slub just South of Houston at Angleton Texas. Usually no problem in getting in a thousand a day - all singles or doubles or mix them up. A good chance to work on what you want. Target prices on a sliding scale - $13 when you shoot 1000 or more. "Free" buckle when you shoot 10,000 in a week!!

The background is great the targets are good and it is a nice place to shoot.

More info - call: Kelly Nylen 979 299-9426 or Bill Hopper 281 455-4143

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.