1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap, Bunker, & Sporting Clays near Columbus, GA??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by noknock1, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Will be in Columbus, Georgia and will have some time to do some shooting over a weekend. What clay target clubs are say within 90 minutes of Columbus, GA?

Looking for a nice club with trap & sporting clays. Would love to shoot some bunker... but Columbus is in the boone docks.

2. THALL

THALL Member

You could drive about 90 minutes to Dixie Trap & Skeet, LLC (www.dixietrap.com) or you could try one of the trap clubs closer to Atlanta. Good Luck. Tim Hall.

3. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Thanks THALL.

Anyone else have any specific clubs?

4. Kevin Fleming

Kevin Fleming Active Member

Nice folks in Dothan. I've never shot there, but have met some of "The Locals" at Tallahassee and Bill Parson's place (Dixie). Need to drive up some weekend.
    K

5. benniesdad

benniesdad TS Member

I am not very familiar with any clubs that are very close to Columbus. I know that Army Marksmanship Unit trains at Fort Benning, but don't think their facilities are open to the public, at least not on a regular basis but I honestly don't know. The link above will give you a start for finding a place for sporting clays. Bird In Hand in Plains is open on Sundays and I can definitely recommend them. Big Red Oak in Gay is also a very good facility. If you want to shoot trap and/or skeet the Dixie Trap club is a good place with lot of good people, but it and Dothan are pretty good hike. The Tom Lowe shooting complex outside of Atlanta has trap and skeet but it is probably a little more than 90 minutes. South River Gun Club is Covington is probably one of the best trap and skeet facilities in the state, but it definitely is more than a 90 minute drive, but would be well worth your time to make the trip.

6. Baber

Baber TS Member

Ft. Benning has the finest Trap and Skeet venue in the county for Olympic Shooting. 4 Bunkers one of which is covered and set for Double Trap near full time. The only problem is getting on base to shoot it as its only open during the week and if you don't have an invite or a valid military ID card you are out of luck. Call Dean Clark at the AMU to discuss and invite.

Tom

7. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

Ditto in reference to Tom Baber's post regarding Fort Benning.

bluedsteel

8. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Thanks for the info guys.

9. peteodie

peteodie Member

http://www.claytargetsonline.com/index.php
    the link above maybe helpful to those that travel

Pete G - Dallas

10. peteodie

peteodie Member

try this