1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap Book recommendations

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jerseyshooter, Oct 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerseyshooter

Jerseyshooter TS Member

I really enjoy reading in the winter and would love to get better at shooting trap. What would your recommendations be for great instructional books that really made a difference for you? I am an average beginner shooting a 21 to 23 from 20yd line so beginner through advanced material is welcome. Thanks RICH

2. k-gunguy

k-gunguy Member

P/up Frank Little "The little trap shooting book". Good for beginners and experienced alike.
    GAZ

3. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Lanny Bashum's, "With Winning in Mind"

4. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Whatever you do, don't waste your money on Russell's "Trap Shooting Secrets"!

5. Francis Marion

Francis Marion Well-Known Member

A gentelman named Dick Bennet used to own a club here in Wisconsin. He is quite a legend. Wrote a great book called "Trapshooting is a game of opposites" If you are interested and can't find it, let me know.

6. RENOSTEVE

RENOSTEVE Member

Rich, two oldies I have enjoyed are "Trapshooting With D. Lee Braun And The Remington Pros" by D. Lee Braun and Robert Campbell, and "Score Better At Trap" by Fred Missildine.

7. sagepost2

sagepost2 Member

I would recommend "Professional Championship Trapshooting" by Daro Handy, everything you need to know is in his book. Gary

8. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Frank Little's "Little Book of Traphshooting"

"Trapshooting With D. Lee Braun And The Remington Pros"

"Shoot Where You Look" (book plus training CD)

These are the ones which helped me the most. And I agree with Pocatello's post...Russell's "Trap Shooting Secrets" actually had instruction that was detrimental to my scores. There are some things in it that are ok (these things are in a bunch of other instructional books as well, many of them published previously by other authors), but a new shooter cannot tell the good from the bad when reading it.

9. Jerseyshooter

Jerseyshooter TS Member

Thanks for the input. I will hop on Amazon and see what turns up. I must say I have gotten a ton of good info off this site and puchased 2 shotguns (a 303 from Wally Reibesel and a skeet 410). If you want older Berettas, Wally does know his stuff. I am always impressed that darn near everyone in the sport is scrupulously honest to a fault. Most folks seem sensible and while there are a few eccentric ones they are...at the very least...entertaining!

10. Old Doc

Old Doc Member

Trapshooting is a Game of Opposites by Dick Bennett. One used on Amazon for 9.99 +3.99S&h. Then get Kiner's video. D Winter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.