1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

trap barrel for URIKA 391 sport

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cuspid2, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cuspid2

cuspid2 TS Member

I am a relatively new trap shooter less than 1 year I accidently bought a used URIKA 391 sport model 30 inch barrel instead of a trap model like the gun and average around 20-21 from the 16 yard line I try to practice 2-3 times a week Would buying a raised trap barrel for the gun be helpful in hitting a few more targets The gun has been recently fitted with an adjustable pad and I would prefer to keep it for now. Where might I find a used trap barrel to purchase?

thanks

Miles Kletter

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Miles,

The change to a higher ribbed barrel will probably also lead to a different stock or having an adjustable comb installed on your existing stock.

I'd try a trap model and see how you get along with it. If you like the way it shoots, you'd be money ahead trading for a trap model.

Just my thoughts.

ss

3. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Being an owner of a Urika Trap Optima and a Urika 2 Sporting Optima the point of impact is not much higher. My Sporting shoots higher than 50/50 field gun and I like that about it. My trap does have a higher comb and if you were to aquire the trap barrel more than likely your stock might be too low. It's not easy to find these barrels used and they are a bit higher on average than Remington barrels. Someone on here will have a barrel and I've seen 391 stocks on here on more than one occasion. I would lean toward a 32" barrel but that my opinion. I would shoot it the way it is for now and look for a trap version. If you like autos, they are good guns and probably the best target autos going.

4. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I have the barrels you are looking for. $435.00. If you need to change to a parallel comb (trap) stock, I have them as well.
    Mike Battista
    727 410 5212

5. max nimrick

max nimrick TS Member

you dont need any thing done to that gun i use that at ata shoots. my singles average is 92. just get nice and comfortable with it and it will be as good as any high dollar trap gun

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

trap barrle for 391 sport