1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap AND Skeet shooting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Single Shooter, Jan 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Single Shooter

Single Shooter TS Member

Ok, now i know that this website was for the dedicated trap shooters but i was just wondering how many of us shoot skeet too. I was a big trap shooter for about 3 years and i was at the local gun club and our trap machine's spring was broke and i decided to try a round of skeet with some of the guys and now today i have been shooting skeet for about a year now and i love it a lot more than trap. You get to shoot your gun faster, When your waiting in line you get to bullshit with your friends, theres harder angle shots, and manny more reasons. Im not writing this to insult the great trap shooters but all's im saying is next time your at the range, just try skeet shooting. You may like it more than what your doing now.

Zach

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Zach,

Not only do I shoot trap and skeet, but I also shoot sporting clays. I enjoy them all for different reasons, but agree about the fun when shooting skeet.

Now buckle your seat belt, a few on here don't like 'em skeeters.

ss

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

How to recognize a Skeeter...

[​IMG]

4. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

I shoot them all as well. I'm serious about my trap shooting and do the rest for fun.

Rich

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Shoot them all. More fun, and it makes you a better overall marksman.

And by the way cj, I wear that same outfit, only all pink with pink matching shoes when I shoot skeet.

The heels are good for your "swinging" form. Allows you to "swing freely" both ways.

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Could you post pictures? HMB

7. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

You asked!

[​IMG]

ss

8. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

If thats what they look like in Indiana, I'm taking up golf!!!!

9. Ifitfliesitdies

Ifitfliesitdies Member

I shoot them all. I don't like to shoot alone a lot so I shoot according to who's at the club. Trap, skeet, sporting clays, 5 stand, zz bird etc... It's all shotgunning and all a lot of fun.

10. Single Shooter

Single Shooter TS Member

Haha, i can already tell there is going to be some conflict between trap and skeet shooters.

and i know this is a personal opinion but i think most people can agree skeet is harder than trap and iv already herd someone can be good at one and bad at the other so no need to say that.

again this was not made to insult trap shooters, i was a seirous trap shooter also so plz keep the rude comments to your self. Thanks

Zach

11. A23B

A23B TS Member

someone edited my picture I really can not stand on my toes.

12. tallpaul

tallpaul Member

I shoot both, but Southeastern Connecticut is definitely a skeet venue. We have the longest continuously-active inter-club winter skeet league in the world, started in 1962. Here's a link to the club's website:

http://ecsc-skeet.com/ecsc_website_12-2009_1-0_version_001.htm

We have some of the best shooters in the country participate in this league, and it is very competitive. Trap in these parts is more of a summer league "something different to do" diversion. There are a few guys who shoot registered trap, but they are a minority. We all get along very well, and I can't remember the last time there was a "Who's better" discussion, let alone argument. The one thing I notice on this site after spending time reading posts for the last couple of years is that the trap shooters seem to be a lot more derogatory about skeet than vice versa. I realize most of it is in fun, but we should all support each other in all shooting sports. You trap guys aren't threatened, are you?

13. twoatloweight

twoatloweight Member

I shoot all three but enjoy skeet the most.

14. OK_Shooter

OK_Shooter TS Member

Our club is mainly TRAP, but I enjoy SKEET more. I have to take some good hearted ribbing from the die-hard trap shooters about shooting skeet, but that is OK, especially when I challenge them to try skeet. If it is a moving clay target, I will shoot at it.

15. traedawg

traedawg TS Member

I shot trap for a year and a half and I love it. a frind took me to his club and interduced me to skeet and sporting clays. Now I love to shoot skeet and sporting clays just as much as trap.

16. Smithy47

Smithy47 Member

As with several above, I enjoy skeet, trap, and sporting clays.

I like being able to BS with my friends when shooting skeet and sporting clays.

Trap is much more serious and with the voice call traps you cannot talk to each other.

All three are FUN, FUN, FUN!

Bob

17. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

I think Trap takes the most concentration....Maybe it's because you're there all alone muttering to yourself WHY the hell did I miss that target???? When you're shooting Skeet, everyone tells you..."your head was off the stock, You stopped the gun, etc....and everyone has a good laugh and you go on. In 5 Stand you're in that cage and, again, everyone yells to you...."Why did you shoot that one first"?? Sporting clays, everyone is glad to be outside shooting and walking in the woods. I think they're all fun! (Specially when my reloads all go off) ;)

18. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Personally I just like shooting, however it's funny to me that someone thinks skeet is harder. I've shot skeet a lot more than trap and find it easy to average mid to low 90's in all four guns. Twenty one yards or futher shooting is not easy. Maybe the 16 yard line singles is easier but that's it. Just my opinion. LOL Jackie B.

19. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I too shoot all three games!!! If it flies it dies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Right. There all good and at different times. Just like our moods. No one mentioned that you get to meet three times as many great people that way as well. A closed mind it a terrible thing to waste. If I have a problem in one game, one of the other two will always help break it. Break-em all. Jeff

20. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I shoot it all but prefer Bunker. Darned shame there are so few of them (1) locally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
clay shooting forum
clayshooting forums
skeet forums
skeet shooters forum

skeet shooting forum

skeet shooting forums

trap and skeet forums
trap and skeet foums