1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap and Field

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by shootsome, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shootsome

shootsome Member

When you join the ATA, does it include a subscription to the Trap and Field magazine?

Thanks

2. blooper

blooper TS Member

3. lumper

lumper TS Member

So then when you subscribe to Trap & Field it most likely would not include a membership to the ATA as well ... right?

4. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

Right-e-o!

Morgan

5. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

If the magazine would enable viewing on the Internet, maybe for a small charge, they would increase their profits - though maybe not their gross income - and give trapshooting a much needed boost (shot in the arm?).

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

Big Heap- Are you certain that they would make more money? The income for a publication like T&F is primarily from advertising revenue. Also, be aware that you are advising one of the largest magazine publishers in the world on how they could make more money. Trap and Field is published by Curtis and that company publishes about 30 different magazines including Saturday Evening Post. If you can show them a way to increase their profits, you would be generously rewarded.

Pat Ireland

7. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

The major thing I wish they would change is the shoot listing... How about sorting by state or at least zone...now you have to look at every trap club in the world… I just want to know the shoots in Fla. Ga. and TN…sorry I don’t care that the clubs in People Republic of Kalifornia or Alaska are having a shoot this weekend GRUBBY

8. shootsome

shootsome Member

I'm new to this game. What do you get for the $20 membership fee?

9. LOWGUN

LOWGUN TS Member

Just a thought! Why doesn't the ATA do something similar to what the NSSA does? For your $40 you get your shoot ID card, Skeet review magazine, and a window decal. We now pay $45 and have to go to two separate places to get our ID card and Trap and FIELD. No decal. What's up with that? Mike

10. phirel

phirel TS Member

Trap and Field is a corporation that is independent from the ATA. I do not want the ATA requiring subscription to Trap and Field, or any other magazine, as part of the ATA membership fee. To me, it would be exactly the same thing as the ATA increasing their dues by $55 and giving a coupon that could be redeemed for a flat of Winchester shells.

Pat Ireland

11. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

I subscribed to T&F for a year or 2 before I came to the conclusion that it was largely a waste of money; buying a list of results for shoots I didn't even know occurred, didn't attend or had no interest in was of no value to me. I agree with Pat. It should not be included as a requirement of Association membership.

Morgan

12. Inkspot Kelly's Great-Nephew

Inkspot Kelly's Great-Nephew TS Member

Don't you like to see your photo in a national magazine when you shoot really well???

Dave S.

13. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

<I>"Don't you like to see your photo in a national magazine when you shoot really well???"</i>

That happened only a few times while I was a subscriber and it was hardly a motivation to continue a subscription. The people who know me already knew if I did well and I'm very familiar with what I look like.

Morgan

14. phirel

phirel TS Member

I find the shooting advice by All Americans in Trap and Field to be, at times, more useful than the advice given on this site.

Pat Ireland

15. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

The Scottish Clay Target Assn. has a publication available on the internet - free to all. Magazine advertising on the internet is one of the major sources of publisher's income in the 21st Century.

I knew Bill Moore and Betty Ann Foxworthy, both of whom made trapshooting news entertaining. The current Trap and Field could use some content changes.

http://www.scta.co.uk/public/home.jsp

16. trapgeek

trapgeek Member

Actually there are very good articles in T & F like Pat says, if you take time to read them. I enjoy my subscription.

Trapgeek

17. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

I stopped buying Trap & Field when they stop writing reviews
    on both old and new trap guns. It was the only thing in the
    magazine I found interesting.

18. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Tired of trashing the ATA, now let's trash Trap & Field. Who cares about your negative BS.

Don

19. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

<I>"Tired of trashing the ATA, now let's trash Trap & Field. Who cares about your negative BS."</I>

Apparently, you do. Otherwise you wouldn't have found it necessary to continue to read the thread and then expend the energy to post a reply.

Morgan

20. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member

Listing by date is a practical way to pick any date, then see what your choices are of where to go and shoot. Gosh, you just might expand your narrow routine and go somewhere new.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

trap and field forums

trap and field magazine ata