1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Transporting o/u on a Harley

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Acer, Mar 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acer

Acer TS Member

Bought a Harley, want to ride it to the range. Have 30 inch o/u. Anyone know where I can purchase a soft small breakdown gun case. Do any of you do this and can forward your ideas? Thanks, Ace

2. J.P.

J.P. TS Member

Cabella`s Boyt. $49.95 Heavy padding, sturdy, like my girlfriend. I put one of those folding canvas chair covers over it, looks less conspicuos. I use flat bungee cords from Wally`s to lash`er on; the gun that is!! Ride on, shoot well!!

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Boyt has a nice breakdown soft case.

Don't be like Rudy, after shooting he went home with the 870 (not broken down)strapped across the seat, and drove between the cars in the driveway.

results: 870 stock snapped off and $150.00 worth of spotlights crunched. NOt to mention a bruised ego.

HM

4. skip

skip Member

Latest thing some motorcyle gangs are doing is rigging up a device that allows them to place a live shotgun shell in the end of their handle bars they can fire at will.

LEO's use caution when approaching!

Nice bunch of guy's

5. ol 12 shooter

ol 12 shooter TS Member

Just make sure you mount the gun in the front, all the parts falling from the bike can ruin the finish.

Now that I think more about it, maybe mounting the gun in the rear will offer a well oiled gun by the time you get it home.

I hope your club is not too far away..LOL!

0o 12

6. harleypilot

harleypilot Member

I have a Beretta 682 Gold Trap Combo in the original case that I have strapped flat on the rear seat of my Road King.

Had no problems with it. I used about 4 bungie cords.

Jim

7. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

ol 12 shooter, those problems are all cause by "road gremlins", but can be fixed with a "road gremlin bell" hung from the foot peg. HAHA, just a superstition of the Harley riders. Seems to work too!

-Jollytrapshooter

8. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Real men don't ride Harley's. Only want to be's. Stand out from the the rest of the pretend men, buy a restored "Yugo." Then you'll really be noticed!!!!

9. Charles L. Schmidt

Charles L. Schmidt TS Member

I use one of these...

[​IMG]

cls

10. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

How's this for your "Yugo" shot410ga? hehe<BR>
    [​IMG]

But I think I'd still rather have this:<BR>
    [​IMG]

Or any other Harley for that matter.

-Jollytrapshooter

11. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

johnny1-when I was down to the Daytona happenings last week I took a ride up to Gainesville (twice) to the registered shoots they were having and I strapped my XT combo in the case to the pass. seat (on a 2001 classic dresser). Didn't have a problem as the case didn't budge. Used a couple of tie-downs and all was well. What ever you use make sure it is in a decent case and strap 'er down tight. Good shooting/riding.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

12. 390-dog

390-dog TS Member

I've seen an add in some of the bike magazines that show a rack that hangs off the back of the bike to carry golf clubs, probably could use for a gun case allso....Don Savey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.