1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Transaction Problems

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by GGib, Aug 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GGib

GGib TS Member

0   0   0

I'm new to this site. See some items that I'd like to make an offer on. Noticed a few weeks ago some guys were having problems with getting money returned on some transactions.

Is there anyplace on this site that identifies buyers or sellers that are problems.

The way I understand most of the gun sales is: you send the money, they send the gun after money arrives, you might get 3 days to check out gun (no shooting) can return gun if not to your liking and money is refunded. Not a problem with a stand up guy.

2. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

0   0   0

Nothing per-se, but you are more than welcome to ask for references about potential sellers.

I've also bought a half dozen or so items and never even so much as a hint of a problem. There is no harm in asking for references to check a seller.

3. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

The sellers on this site are as good as it gets anywhere. I have done a TON of gun deals on here with very few issues. This site sorta' "polices" itself and any bad apples get fed to the pigs PRONTO.

4. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

0   0   0

I just got a Ljutic from Citadel on this site. Great transaction.
    Sent him a cashiers check, he sent the gun to my FFL. After the 10 day wait,
    he gives you 3 days to shoot it all you want. Then if you like it he'll
    cash the check. If you don't you send the gun back and he returns your check.
    The Ljutic was so much better then even he described, I emailed him and told
    him to cash my check. I can't even pick it up until this Sunday.
    It's a Ljutic 73 built in December of 1973. It was completely restored
    by Doug Braker out of MN. Looks brand new. Also has a JS Air Cushion stock
    on it.
    Citadel (Doug out of Sacramento, CA) is as honest as it comes.
    Great transaction and my first on TS.com.
    Mike Cunningham
    Groveland, CA

5. GGib

GGib TS Member

0   0   0

Thanks to all you guys. This makes me feel better about making offers and hopefully a sale.

6. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

0   0   0

I've had good experiences both buying and selling... if you're talking big dollars, go through an FFL on the delivery side...

Jay

7. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I am also a guy that has done a ton of deals on this site both buying and selling, some have been in access of well over $10,000 and never ever had a problem (knock on wood). As time goes you kind of learn the ropes you mite say on what to look for in a bad deal. There are scammers that chime in here once in a while but they are quickly identified and on to the the next forum they go. Just be smart but for the most part there are a whole bunch of trust worthy people on here.

8. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I too have had excellent results several times with the T.S. posters, buying & selling--call & talk with the person you will get a "feel" for the person. I sold an 870 Comp. to one of the above posters & he even put a note here that he was happy with our dealings, I thought that was very nice of him. Ross Puls

9. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Ross Puls is FIRST CLASS all the way!!

10. dverna

dverna Active Member

0   0   0

You will not have a bad experience with one of the regular guys. Be wary of guys who only show up on TS.com to sell something.

Don Verna

11. oldstuff

oldstuff Member

0   0   0

I would kind of argee dverna, but I'm one of those people that only show up to sell something. I may have a question onece in a while, but mostly I try to buy and sell on here. I try to list on the side of the buyer, I will describe a gun or any item a little to the less side. No hidden suprizes. I also refund the purchase price less shipping. Don't want to have every tire kicker in the country wanting to take a look at something and then send it back becsause he didn't figure on buying it anyway. So, yes I,m on here mostly to buy and sell and have bought and sold items. Thansk to those who have purchased. The best purchase I ever made was on Weatherby empty brass. The guy I bought it from was so great, I like to think he was one of a kind.

12. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

0   0   0

The Sign on Name Statistics is a good place to start if you question the credibility of sellers. I've made several deals and all the sellers have been first rate.

Robert

13. TRW369

TRW369 TS Member

0   0   0

I HAVE BEEN BUYING AND SELLING BOTH, AND NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH ANY OF MY SALES TRANSACTIONS. JUST MAKE SURE WHEN YOU BUY ANY WEAPONS THAT YOU GET A COPY OF AN FFL LICENSE FROM THE SELLER. NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD WANT TO JEOPORDIZE THEIR LICENSE FOR ANY NONSENSE TRANSACTIONS.

TERRY

14. kenpo11cincy

kenpo11cincy TS Member

0   0   0

Nothing but great experiences for me here!!!!!!!! Thanks for the service

15. magnumshot

magnumshot Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Every transaction and each person is different. You have to use good judgement. I have sold several shotguns and items here. Do it legal. I sold a 682x for $1000 and shipped to Ca. Had thirty some pics, described in great detail showing every flaw. Never heard from the buyer after he received the gun. Another buyer wanted me to sell him a mint Browning and deliver it to the interstate as he was a truck driver going through the state. I only ship through FFL's, and he was fine with that. I sold a 682 barrel for $100 that needed choke work to Merlyn's. Described it very well so no issues. If you don't want to be disappointed in a purchase, ask for lots, LOTS, of pics. Some people don't do pics well. They just aren't as savvy as others when it comes to digital pics. Other people won't describe flaws, as they just don't matter so much to them. You have to ask. Ask for references. ebay, gunbroker, other similar feedback. Talk to an actual person on the phone, and have them go through an FFL on their end. Ask that they box nvery well, and even double box. It's worth it to press that issue, as shippers are brutal. Better safe than sorry. Make sure it's fully insured. You can ask for an inspection period. Protect yourself. If you never want to be disappointed, buy the gun in person where you can inspect it.

16. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I have bought & sold on here for probably 10 years ot so. I try not to go anywhere else, great bunch of good ole folks here.

17. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

0   0   0

Me too with successful deals both ways. One fellow sent a Perazzi to me, via an FFL, to "test drive" without any cash up front. After the test drive, the Perazzi and I didn't see eye to eye and I returned the gun as agreed at my expense. I've felt bad for years that we didn't get together on the sale but the whole thing was agreed upon via emails and knowledge that we shared acquaintances. Regulars on this forum really can't afford to play a scam. My suggestion is to talk on the phone and get a real feel for the party you're dealing with. You should expect to put $ up front, and receive a 3 day trial or more with a gun buy, and to return at your expense if it comes to that. If lucky, you just might arrange a face to face situation on a deal.....breakemall

18. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

0   0   0

Never assume anything.

For example: don't assume that you have a 3 day inspection period. If it's not stated in the ad, it doesn't exist. I've read of more than one problem where someone assumed there was some "standard" practice only to get burned.

If it is not written down, it didn't happen. Get it in writing. The offer mentioned above from Citadel is wonderful, but unique. Most sellers won't offer that.

19. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

0   0   0

Rastoff, I don't see a Citadel post and think you may be referring to mine. You are absolutely right; my deal with the Perazzi fellow was certainly unusual but we were chatting by email and, I believe, by phone on several occasions and agreed to deal as described. I never meant in any manner that this was the standard on all deals or should be "assumed" as standard. We all should know that ASSUME does make an ass of u and me! Sorry for any unintended confusion......breakemall

20. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

It's caveat emptor when dealing with private party transactions so you have been warned. I have bought probably over 15 items from this site, all from sellers that I vetted beforehand and all transactions have gone smoothly. I have sold about an equal number of items as well on here. I ignore the lowballers and don't reply back to their emails/messages. As a seller I don't get much tire kickers because all of my ads give enough details to ward off "let's play 20 questions". A good seller will detail the good and the bad(if any) about the item he is selling and provide clear pics. I avoid sellers using a "used car salesman" sales pitch in their ads. An item will sell itself if it's properly represented without a goofy sales pitch.

One poster above mentioned how he never got a reply back from a buyer he sold a gun to. That has happened to me as well, with 3 guns I have sold. That's no big deal to me. Some people are just looking to buy stuff and move on. As long as they pay for the item and received it undamaged and don't try to scam you with a false damage claim or "item not as described", or whatever else, who cares?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.