1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Training in firearms is missing today v. video gam

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by g7777777, Dec 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have been trying to format the path forward myself and what is different today.

It is training in firearms

An interesting theme might be to get kids out into a productive shooting sport, rather than playing violent video games

Fathers ( or mothers in some cases) would take the kids out and train them and hunt with them.-- How many fathers or mothers do that now? The youth shooting programs in trap and skeet have been a recent good start back on a path to training a few of todays youth but not many.

I believe the training component is missing in America, we used to train kids on firearms even in the YMCA, FTA, Boyscouts, FFA, ....etc

That needs to come back or video games are their only exposure to what they think shooting firearms is about and of course they want bigger and better to do one thing in video games and that is to kill

I still feel mandatory national service should be a requriement and in basic training before you go to the military or to a civilian component for your advanced training you would learn respect, how to work as a teacm, and all those things we as an entire society dont do in the home any longer

For those of you that dont agree with mandatory service than we need to buck up the old programs and the family involvement that we used to have before in the safe use of firearms

Regards from Iowa

Gene

2. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Repeating yourself is a symptom of dementia Eugene.

3. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

Not a bad idea at all, rurally it is easier, in large cities that could be a real challenge. Scott

4. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Gene,

30 people were injured and 1 killed in an auto accident in NY yesterday. When are you going to start petitioning for mandatory driver training?

5. g7777777

Rich 219 - you are way out of touch or not educated- you say

"Subject: Training in firearms is missing today v. video gam
    Email:
    Date: Thu, Dec 20, 2012 - 11:43 AM ET
    Website Address:

Gene,

30 people were injured and 1 killed in an auto accident in NY yesterday. When are you going to start petitioning for mandatory driver training? "

Many states require drivers ed training if you want to be issued some of the junior licences or licences for people under 18

All require testing before you get one.

I am not sure where you grew up but if this is news, it wasnt in the USA

Stick to your threads where you call all trapshooter a name because you say all trapshooters are weak on guns-

Your comments are based in large part on the fact that you are trying to sell AR15 receivers and profit from this shooting event - is that not true? I have no problems with you selling them but I do have a problem with your trying to profit over this event

6. guinner16

guinner16 TS Member

In the early 1900's the books were the controversy. In the 1930's alcohol was the controversy. In the lates 50's and 60's music was the controversy. Now video games are the controversy. When are we going start blaming the kids, and the parents for not teaching their kids how to do things in moderation. Blaming video games is no different then blaming guns. If a kid can't play a video game without realizing its fake, his parents failed him long before he started up the game.

Gene - Making multiple thread on essentially the same related topics does not get your point across any better.

7. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Crazy Gene,

I find it funny how I'm trying to profit over an event when everything I had for for sale was listed before the event.

It was real hard to get my license in NY. Take a written test an illiterate person could pass and then a 10 minute road test. Talk about qualifications!

http://news.yahoo.com/1-dead-least-30-hurt-ny-traffic-pileup-230650492.html

8. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

"An interesting theme might be to get kids out into a productive shooting sport, rather than playing violent video games"

I took my kids out to the range target practicing all the time, didn't Lanza's mother do the same thing. I also was a hunter ed instructor.

9. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

In Swtzerland every man at the age of entering service is given a rifle and all the ammunition for the rest of their life. To protect themselves and country. I have never heard of mass killing their. I have walked the streets of late at night and never felt threatened. Try that here in this country. I'll bet your chicken shit to walk late at night in Shitcago in the lowlife districts. I know I wouldn't do it. To many of them Obammachips out their flingen around. Wild Bill

10. g7777777

Right on B12

Rich 219- you see a lot of people on here afraid of mandatory service for some reason- Swizterland and Israel are prime examples as I have pointed out many times-- of course you and I have traveled and read and know about this stuff and the people such as Rich219 have no idea = its not a video game

Also Rich219 keeps moving his posts up- tryng to sell AR receivers even as children are being buried but you see him lie about that when he says

Rich219 states "I find it funny how I'm trying to profit over an event when everything I had for for sale was listed before the event."

Well Rich when you bump it to the top that is new advertising- why would you be bumping it to the top--- DUH DUH

Likes to Shoot- good for you- with the kids I mean.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.