1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trail Cam Question

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by chuckie68, Oct 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

I recieved a couple Primos Trail Cams as a gift. Does anybody know whether the Primos Solar Panel Power supply panels are worth the investment? Or are Duracells (4 "D" Size) or rechargeable batteries the way to go?
    Any and all opinions appreciated.
    Thanks

Chuck

2. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

While I'm no longer a fan of Primo's, I do own one of their Cameras. Our camera's are up about 8 months a year, and the D battery types get changed once or twice during that time. Cold weather denotes a battery swap. Our camera's are usually set up in the woodland shadows, and we're in the north country. With my experience I don't think that I would spend the money on a panel.

Kip

3. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I buy the 12 volt, 7AH batteries that are rechargeable. I then have a plug that fits the camera, and splice the clips on to that wire for the contacts. Put it in a plastic bag and seal it up. One charge will last all fall, August to December, but I change them out and recharge when it gets cold. So they do not freeze. Before you charge a very cold battery, make sure it is room temp., or above say 50 degrees.

The little guys are starting to get worked up! Two more weeks and hopefully the bruisers will show up to kick some butt, like the bottom picture.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.