1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tragic Javelin Missile Misfire in Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sliverbulletexpress, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Terrible

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mRXaJjxeQmQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. minnship8

minnship8 Well-Known Member

Sorry, don't find the humor in your headline.

3. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Relax, it is good to see our troops having a good time.

Bryan

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

It was hiliarious SBE. The boys having some fun to let off some steam. :)

5. minnship8

The guys having fun is cool, the misleading headline is not.

Spoken as a father who is about to have his second serving, so I don't need any advice about what to relax about.

Chip

6. Calkidd

Life to way too short to be uptight about a thread title, just because YOU interpreted it differently.

Again, I tell you RELAX and get over it.

Bryan

7. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Chip (Minnship8),

I was a little hesitant in watching the video. By the time the video reflected the humorous activity, it did not seem as much.

I understand your point.

"Troops Having A Little Fun" would have been more appropriate. Still would have been a little deceiving, in a totally different way.

It is good to see the troops in a lighter mood of fun for a change, instead of seeing them fighting for there lives, let alone ours.

I salute you, and thank you for your service. Jon

8. minnship8

Bryan,
    How many different interpretations are there to "Tragic Javelin Missile Misfire In Afghanistan"? You want to tell me to relax? So I should forget what a Law Rocket looks like when it goes off at the feet of the soldier aiming it at the ground as he plays with the trigger after a misfire?

I don't know why I even looked at the video, I was anticipating the same horror.

Walk through Walter Reed and show guys that headline, don't tell them it's a joke and get their reaction. I've been in Walter Reed, I've got a pretty good idea what the reaction would be.

I am allowed to pleasantly object to a misleading headline of that nature. You however, are out of line telling me what I should relax about.

Chip

Chip,Please watch your language.

9. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Having worked on the Javelin Program at Lockheed Martin in Orlando, I too think that a different thread title would be in order.

blade819

10. rhett1977

rhett1977 Member

I don't understand what the title has to do with anything. I am not a soldier or father of a soldier but I can't see how anyone wouldn't see this as funny. I realize it's winter and some people have nothing to do but blow up at everyone on here for one reason or another but GET OVER YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Well, Panetta and Jughead are holding up the Pentagon's budget.

12. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Maybe not understanding is the problem. Jon

13. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

sniff...sniff...boo who...whay whay

14. copper

copper Member

Having a son in Afghanistan I was not quick to watch this fearing the worst missing my son at very moment. Your lack of understanding of that either your son is hanging out at the Mall or you don,t have one. The guy said title scared him You don,t get that You are Clueless Dave PS every time I here the word Afghanistan I get choked up But thats me. To even challenge some one who has this situation Here try this is what you should have wrote Sorry I didn,t realize how that could be taken best wishes for your sons and there safty thanks for there service

15. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

The thread title did what it was attempting to do, get people to watch the video. As a side benefit it exposed some crybabies. Bravo silver

16. copper

copper Member

EXSPOSED some thing thats for sure One thing to say or do something without realizing how someone might feel out it something else to disregard someone who has a dog in fight . He said the title scared him if being concerned about my Son makes me a cry baby SO BE IT Tough guys don,t care about there kids I guess You either have no kids have no kids in service or have never had any in , Or these are friends of yours you feel they need your support I done reading any more of this crap. Let me ask you two question John Galt do you have kids are any or have any been in service I can guess at answer

17. Calkidd

OH great, now we have moved on to having kids and no soul. Pretty funny how a simple thread title can be twisted and misconstrued. Be done reading, for the love of everything good, please.

Bryan

18. copper

copper Member

All the guy said was tile scared him and why and went on to say he liked the vidio then is called a baby unreal Who was out of line

19. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

It's "Christ" not "Crist" please try and spell the Lords name correctly. Better yet, how about not using the Lords name as an expression of your anger.

20. copper

copper Member

Ok How about you exsplain how this was OK What church do you go to They are all from same club Still no answer from John Yet / AH the Spelling Police to cloud issue I will miss spell some thing to keep you busy for rest of day I have to go

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.