1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

trading mod 12 stocks

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by striper, Mar 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. striper

striper Member

I was wondering if you swapped stocks on factory mod 12s, all the inletting of course would be the same, but would it look the same or would you have to do some minor fitting.The forearm would not change just butt stocks. These are trap models not field grade.

2. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

I would say that about 95% of the time it is a direct swap no problems, at least it has been for me. Be careful to check where the wood meets the receiver, if it is not a flush, direct fit you will most likely crack the stock. I usually place a small amount of modeling clay on the end of the stock, tighten it down and check to see that it is evenly compressed. I have on occasion "glass bedded" the stock to the receiver, when I wasn't satisfied with the fit. Email me if you need more help.

Big Dave

3. ol 12 shooter

ol 12 shooter TS Member

Most of the time the stocks will work but in a lot of cases they won't fit just right. When you pull the stock off check out the wood shaped ring on the front of the stock, this and only this is supposed to meet the reciever. That wood shaped ring fits into the round ring on the back of the reciever. After correct fitting you should be able to slide a paper around between the reciever and the stock to assure you don't split the stock out on the sides. Also check where it slides up to the trigger guard after tightening the stock down, try to remove the trigger assembly, if it takes a lot of effort It's bound around the screw area.

The tell-tail signs of a non-fitting stock is the black shiney spots you'll find on the wood where it's met metal. If you need more help post it here.

ol 12

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.