1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trade KS-5 special for XT Unsingle

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Jim Bradbury, Aug 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I frecently purchased a Kreighoff KS-5 special.I bought it used though it is in very good condition. Although I have not shot it very much but so far I am regretting purchasing it. I would like to trade it for a Browning XT unsingle barrel to put on my XT Gold.

2. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Jim,

What is it that is making you regret the purchase?

3. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I do not shoot this gun as well as I do my XT Gold. I have adjusted the rib so that the point of impact is close to the same as my XT and I have adjusted the comb as well. I just plain shoot my Browning better. I was hoping that I could shoot better with it then I have been able to.

4. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Oh,I thought maybe it was mechanical reasons.

It takes time and practice to shoot a different gun than what you are used to shooting, even if you pattern your gun on paper for the same point of impact. If the forend is thicker, or the stock is cast, etc. your trained eye hand cordination to your other gun will change the point of aim. If you check point of aim, put the gun up to your shoulder and concentrate on the target only, on the paper, pull the trigger. Do not look at the beads. Do this with both guns. You will be amazed at how different each gun will shoot compared to aiming with the beads. Adjust the KS-5 to shoot the same point as your Browning without looking at the beads. Point of aim is different than point of impact. Just something you might try before you go through more buying and selling of guns and barrels. Jon

5. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

0   0   0

Jim,
    I know you said un-single but if your are at all interested in a top single I have one 34" nice barrel. Either way good luck. Jim W

6. BBob

BBob TS Member

0   0   0

ttt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.