1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trade antique Mec charge bar for current model

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by new loader, Nov 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. new loader

new loader Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Have old Mec charge bar not drilled for powder bushings. Mec says they have been in business 54 years and this style was sold in first 5 years of business. Make a good paperweight or add to your collection of reloading oddities. Trade for current model 302 1 oz bar with dogbone insert.

newloader_2008_030395.jpg

newloader_2008_030396.jpg

2. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

0   0   0

With a plastic wad. The o Bar drops 18.5 grains of Red or Green Dot for a 3 dram load. 1-1/8 shot.

21 grains of PB for a 2-3/4 dram load. 1-1/8 shot.

In case you want to use it.

I should have added, use a scale to be sure!

Ajax

3. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

0   0   0

The 0 bar use to drop 18.5 grains Red Dot....3 Dram EQ. With todays Red Dot that same bar drops 21 grains.

The 0H bar use to drop 17.5 grains Hi-Skor 700X...2-3/4 Dram Eq. Todays 700X the same bar drops 20.5 grains.

Do not use those bars with todays powders. Does not matter what wad you use. Those bars drop a lot more of todays powder. Call Alliant and ask them, or use your scale!!

Wayne

[​IMG]

4. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

0   0   0

My "O" bars drop exactly 18gr. of Red Dot which is a very good 3dr. load in many hulls
    or a great 2 3/4 dr. load in the Federal hull with the 12S3 wad.

I still use them but I do not have any 1oz. bars to trade.

5. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

0   0   0

What do they drop for shot?

Bob Falfa

6. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I went out late night and put my O bar in my old 1966 600/Jr. It threw a little heavy at 19 grains from a new keg of Green Dot.

O Bars throw 1-1/8 of shot.

Please check everything with a scale.

Ajax

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.