1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tracking IPO address?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by smsnyder, Apr 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Is it possible to track an IPO address to a person who posts on this web site? I believe if you get a direct email it can be done. Every computer has an IPO. An IPO address will expose the writer of a thread . IPO shows you the exact street and address the computer is at. Kinda neat. Modern teck Did you know if you have a new phone like the Iphone you can be tracked to your exact location anytime by your number even if the phone is off? This thread will unnerve BIgDon. LOL

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

It's not always quite that simple to get to the real end user. This link touches on the basics.

-Gary

3. smsnyder

Not to hard. IPO gives you exact address were computer is. Now you cross check that address with a master address book for person who lives at that address. BINGO What fun.

4. SF SGM

SF SGM Member

Should only work when someone is using their hardwire internet. Should not be able to track when using wifi or other remote terminals..

5. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

6. dickn52

dickn52 TS Member

Depends. Traceroute can get you close, but not pinpoint. "whois" is another command for tracking. There is one I used at work, but not available to the public.

7. dickn52

dickn52 TS Member

Depends. Traceroute can get you close, but not pinpoint. "whois" is another command for tracking. There is one I used at work, but not available to the public.

8. dickn52

dickn52 TS Member

9. dickn52

dickn52 TS Member

10. smsnyder

DickN52 you need a release mouse

11. Duck Head

Duck Head TS Member

Who gives a flying F%^&? You got something to hide? Or find out?

12. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Anonymizers can be used to not only hide your actual IP address, but to mislead, sometimes intentionally, inquiring people. This is a good bit more protecting than simply leeching off of a neighbor's Wi-Fi or using some local "Hot Spot".

<A href='http://wiki.ask.com/Anonymizer"> Get more info here.</A>

13. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Don't know why but there was a link to more info put into my earlier message but instead of being a link it leads to a previous message. I am not able to either edit the message to correct the problem nor can I delete it.

The link is: http://wiki.ask.com/Anonymizer

<A href= "http://wiki.ask.com/Anonymizer"> Anonymizers info </a>

14. dverna

dverna Active Member

Duck Head,

I was accused of hijacking threads and editing them on the 28 gauge forum. I think I know who did it, but cannot prove it. I would love to GET THE SOB.

How would you feel if you were accused of something you did not do and were banned from a site?

Don Verna

15. Duck Head

Duck Head TS Member

Dverna, My response was aimed at the OP.It sounded to me like he wanted to snoop on people. To answer your question, anybody would be upset and I'd make the sorry SOB more sorry if I could.Good luck finding the prick and unprick him or her if you can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.