1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Track targets and stats

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shotgunshoot, May 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shotgunshoot

shotgunshoot Member

Improve your shooting by keeping track of targets and analyzing your stats.

Do you have issues with targets flying to the right, straight, left? Do you know? By keeping track of your targets (not just final scores) you can get an insight into your shooting patterns.

Here is the <a href="http://shotgunweb.com/mobile" target="_blank">page</a> that better describes your options.

2. yetinme

yetinme TS Member

The android app was downloaded and it doesn't work to keep track of individual scores. I have looked at the website and see others have same issue with no resolution to the problem. Any ideas?

3. shotgunshoot

shotgunshoot Member

yetinme,

The Android version has some issues that I'm trying to address. It works on most phones, but because Android is on a large variety of phone sizes and resolutions it's more difficult to fix. Please send me a PM about your phone's configuration (version, phone model).

Thanks for the heads up

4. himark

himark Well-Known Member

I love the idea...I have thought this would be a great training aid. But how the heck are you going to use this while you are shooting? I mean the only real way to get the goody out of this is to have someone else standing behind you scoring and on a individule missed shot you will have to tell them "behind it" or whatever. I like it but practically cant use it to its capacity.

*heck even if I could get a person to type it in as you go this would be a huge disruption to shoot harmony.

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I have used a number of graph programs with various versions of windows. But, none that I've found works with windows 8. Any advice?

6. yetinme

yetinme TS Member

I have sent a couple of pms. Still not working and haven't seen any responses yet.

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I haven't seen any new PM's.

8. shotgunshoot

shotgunshoot Member

yetinme,

I got your PMs. I am currently working on a solution. The app works on most devices, yet the same code doesn't on others. On Android it's a bit more difficult to fix but I'm doing my best to get my hands on a larger variety of devices so that I can have better testing coverage.

himark,

Currently the app is for single user. I am working (to be release soon) on a multi user version that will allow the range operator to mark the targets on the device instead of paper for all shooters. This way there won't be any interruptions.

Thanks for your input!

9. shotgunshoot

shotgunshoot Member

Besides targets, on the website you can also track the equipment (shotgun, chokes per barrel, shells) and environment conditions (weather, time of day, temperature).

10. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Pretty easy to write an excel database to do anything you want

11. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I created a trap "score card" for myself... it's not really a difficult concept - 5 boxes/round and after the round I insert the position scores... the front has spaces for date, weather and load information... I can post 4-5 scores on a single card...

Afterward I can review my shooting to see where I'm having issues to address... and doing it after each round, the round is fresh in my mind and I can make notes as to whether I had problems with straights or angles; too high, low or behind...

Jay

12. shotgunshoot

shotgunshoot Member

yetinme,

I just fixed the Android version issues. Please update your app on the device. Let me know if you find any other issues.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.